Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2006, 01:19 AM

Default Re: River fold top pair

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have KJo on the button and isolate an ok player who open limped UTG+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this will look much more like a position than isolation raise to the blinds and I'd expect one of the blinds to call most of the time.

When a solid player 3 bets from the SB with an EP player in, if I'm going to raise a K, I want to get it going early and raise the flop.

If I raise the turn and he calls, I'd check behind here a lot because you got 2 BB's out of him and getting the 3rd isn't a given if he's solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This player has no stats on me i'm sure. If he has 88-QQ he is not checking the turn and if he has AQ or AJ he prolly is goona fire one more bullet. On the flop I can't define my hand at all. The turn raise looks like a power play to blow people off hands more and more these days. 2 flush draws out there, i might even get paid off by AQ high or something. Checking the river is terrible if he only calls the turn.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:22 AM

Default Re: River fold top pair

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, why are you raising KJo versus an "OK" player from UTG+2? I guess it depends on what OK means but it seems pushy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used "OK" pretty liberarly. His exact stats are 28-11 1.4 after 150 hands. KJ seems like auto raise to me.