Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Someone getting pissed at a home game because of \"incorrect card\"

[ QUOTE ]
No, I didn't give him anything. He then left for awhile and came back with TONS of money to rebuy in as the chip leader. We play $.5/1 NL, and we all usually buy in for about $200 but he decided to buy in for $400. Of course, they let him. So basically me and him were the chip leaders at the table now. Whenever I called/raised, he re-raised me. So I decided to play conservatively, take shots when he folded, and only play with him if I have a premium hand. Anyways, throughout, he lost half of his stack again to people around the table, not just me.

The night was late and I decided to go and cash out, and he starts blabbering saying how it's unfair that I can't get my money back. I told him I'll be here next day so he can get it back after. He then wants to play me heads up, and calls me a "lucksack". I told him I don't feel like playing heads up. He then starts saying random things about poker.

So I finally leave, and I'm at home. My friend tells me that he's currently buying tons of poker books just to beat me.

Ahh, what a day.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder if he will give you 1/2 his winnings once he reads them books and becomes a big winner. AFTER ALL YOUR THE ONE WHO IS INSPIERING HIS DETERMINATION. SORRY FOR THE CAPS.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:14 PM

"a lone jack"? , I bet he thought his ace kicker was going to play (the sixth card tie breaker is a neon sign for donk), but dont worry I am sure one of the tons of poker will have a chapter poker being a five card game.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:36 PM

He knows how to play poker, he's just really pretty fishy and hates it when people make big bets on him.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:57 PM

All joking aside...you didn't do anything wrong, he deserves the beat he took, which wasn't a bad beat at all, and you deserve the pot. End of story. He's a sore looser and if he and anyone else at the table believes he deserves any of the pot, they shouldn't be playing poker. You didn't even lie about it, he asked if you had a jack and you did. You didn't have to answer and you could have said I have 7-2. Who cares. It's poker. He should get over it.

Seriously, if this loser is at the game and the morons there are backing him up, I'd find a new game ASAP.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:46 AM

Just to forestall any confusion, this is night-and-day different from a situation being discussed on B&M, namely miscalling your hand at showdown (with the hope that your opponent will muck prematurely). That's tremendously sleazy, because the action is over and it's time to show your hand.

During the hand, the guy can ask all he wants and you're under no obligation to give him an answer. If you choose to answer, you may answer however you wish: true, false, deceptive, or crystal clear.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now he's like, "you have a jack in your hand?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, you did.

[ QUOTE ]
I told him I did have a J, but he said, "I meant a lone jack!".

[/ QUOTE ]

How were you to know what he meant? Don't you guys get 2 cards when you play? Most folks I know do.

[ QUOTE ]
He then was extremely pissed and said he wanted to chop the pot for lying to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't. End of discussion.

What's the problem? You misled him? Isn't that why poker is interesting?
Old 08-10-2006, 01:26 PM

You are very fortunate. It sounds like you are playing with a table full of players who know nothing about poker. And now you have one of the worst players on life-long tilt against you. If you can put up with the BS you will make money at this game.

Don't worry to much about your opponent using the information he reads to beat you. It sounds like his emotions will always cause him to loose.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And now you have one of the worst players on life-long tilt against you. If you can put up with the BS you will make money at this game.

Don't worry to much about your opponent using the information he reads to beat you. It sounds like his emotions will always cause him to loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love being the "target" of another player. You barely have to do anything to tilt him. All you have to do is beat him once a session and he will lose his mind throwing money at you trying to beat you.