Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 12:45 AM

Default Someone getting pissed at a home game because of \"incorrect card\"

Well, basically it was a NL cash game and the cards on the board were: QJTJQ. Basically preflop, he raised from MP and I called from the button. He bet, I raised, he called. Turn came, he checks, and I checked. River came, and he bet, and I pushed. Now he's like, "you have a jack in your hand?" (Yes I know, he should've asked if I have a queen). I didn't say anything. He repeatedly asked me, and I said "yeah whatever" silently. He then called. I showed him QJ, and he started getting pissed. I told him I did have a J, but he said, "I meant a lone jack!". He then was extremely pissed and said he wanted to chop the pot for lying to him. I told him no, then people in the home game told me to give him 1/4 of the pot because he's pissing everyone off. I still declined, and told him that it was a fair pot that I deserved. He had AJ by the way.

Want to here what happened next?
Old 08-05-2006, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Someone getting pissed at a home game because of \"incorrect card\"

[ QUOTE ]
Well, basically it was a NL cash game and the cards on the board were: QJTJQ. Basically preflop, he raised from MP and I called from the button. He bet, I raised, he called. Turn came, he checks, and I checked. River came, and he bet, and I pushed. Now he's like, "you have a jack in your hand?" (Yes I know, he should've asked if I have a queen). I didn't say anything. He repeatedly asked me, and I said "yeah whatever" silently. He then called. I showed him QJ, and he started getting pissed. I told him I did have a J, but he said, "I meant a lone jack!". He then was extremely pissed and said he wanted to chop the pot for lying to him. I told him no, then people in the home game told me to give him 1/4 of the pot because he's pissing everyone off. I still declined, and told him that it was a fair pot that I deserved. He had AJ by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
So he got pissed at you for lying... in a poker game...
Old 08-05-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So he got pissed at you for lying... in a poker game...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I just spit beer on my computer.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I said "yeah whatever" silently.

[/ QUOTE ]
what does this mean?
Old 08-05-2006, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You stopped playing with these bozos?

I can excuse the stupidity of Villain in the heat of the moment. (Half the pot for lying... that's a good one.) I can't excuse the disinterested parties for backing him up even one iota.

Find a home game with people with a clue about poker. Then again, maybe the money is so easy from these people that you want to just give away 1/4 pot to keep the fish happy. But it's a miserable precedent to set that's only going to cost you money.

[ QUOTE ]
...then people in the home game told me to give him 1/4 of the pot because he's pissing everyone off.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a piker. I could make everyone so miserable they'd be giving me the pot with a 25% bonus just to shut up the rest of the evening.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Around here, your hand would be killed and you could possibly be fined or even banned from the game, with loss of stack for slowrolling. I hate home games around here, they love to make up new rules to take the douchebaggery out of a douche-friendly game. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2006, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Around here, your hand would be killed and you could possibly be fined or even banned from the game, with loss of stack for slowrolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is Hero slowrolling? His douche opponent hadn't acted yet, other than to pester Hero to call out his hand. Unless the majority of players there are ATMs, I probably wouldn't want to return to that game.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:58 PM

Please tell me you did NOT give this guy one penny.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:08 PM

No, I didn't give him anything. He then left for awhile and came back with TONS of money to rebuy in as the chip leader. We play $.5/1 NL, and we all usually buy in for about $200 but he decided to buy in for $400. Of course, they let him. So basically me and him were the chip leaders at the table now. Whenever I called/raised, he re-raised me. So I decided to play conservatively, take shots when he folded, and only play with him if I have a premium hand. Anyways, throughout, he lost half of his stack again to people around the table, not just me.

The night was late and I decided to go and cash out, and he starts blabbering saying how it's unfair that I can't get my money back. I told him I'll be here next day so he can get it back after. He then wants to play me heads up, and calls me a "lucksack". I told him I don't feel like playing heads up. He then starts saying random things about poker.

So I finally leave, and I'm at home. My friend tells me that he's currently buying tons of poker books just to beat me.

Ahh, what a day.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:37 PM

This would have been much more entertaining if it had involved a shallow grave in a secluded location.