Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 04:52 AM

Default Re: My dog just died.

We had a few pets growing up that I will always remember, but rather than recount those stories, I thought I'd post pics of our new puppies. These are the first pets I've had since I've been out on my own.

We adopted the puppies 2 months ago from the Atlanta Humane Society (they were great, btw!). We didn't go in planning on adopting 2, but we couldn't decide, and well, you see what happened...

They were both listed as lab/retriever mix, 3 months and 2 months old.

Roxy, female, the darker one, seems to be more golden retriever than anything. She is a big teddy bear. Never seen a more loving dog. She is also VERY jealous. If you are giving anyone else any attention, she will make sure to insert herself into the situation. She is very stubborn, but hard to stay mad at her no matter what family heirloom she chews up.

Bailey, male, the lighter one, seems to maybe even have some Collie or Terrier in him. He is SMART. Within a couple of weeks we had him trained to sit, lay down, roll over, etc. He's also a big tattle-tail. Whenever Roxy is rooting up a plant or trying to dig under the fence, he's sure to let us know.

These pics are from the trip home from the Humane Society, and exploring the yard for the first time.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:13 AM

i still dream about the dogs i grew up with frequently. its strange, but its actually kind of nice. in the dreams i always know that they're not really alive, but they don't let that stop them. they show up ready to play with my new puppy.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:22 AM

I sometimes dream about the dog from my childhood..... It's like I see him in heaven, and he's there just like he was when he was young and bouncy and active. Soppy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 AM

I have a Shitzu that I found in the park when I was 11, and I am 23 now. Her fur was matted 3 inches thick in 120+ degree Arizona weather. I bought her inside and she ate 7 hot dogs, drank a huge bowl of water and slept for 3 days.

She is the sweetest, most loyal and loving dog I have ever seen. She's getting kind of old now, and I think about how devastated I will be when I lose her from time to time. That always makes me sad, however I also think about what a good life she has had in my care compared to what her life could have been and it cheers me up. Plus, she looks like an Ewok so that cheers me up too.

Very sorry for your loss, she's a beautiful dog. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2006, 06:47 AM

what kind of dog is luke?
lola, my new beagle mutt:
Old 08-10-2006, 06:55 AM

So sorry, Gobbo.

My family lost our dog Ace a few years ago. He was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Amazing dog, so much personality he basically seemed like a miniature person most of the time. I still miss him every day, and am really looking forward to the day when I get my own dog, which will probably be within the next few years.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of dog is luke?

[/ QUOTE ]
Luke is a mutt. Maybe some sort of pit/basenji mix, as weird as that sounds. Very pit in the face, but the smaller size, tail, coloration, and the fact that she almost never barks all indicate basenji.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:52 AM

dogs > humans
Old 08-10-2006, 08:03 AM

yeah, very basenji looking. she also looks a bit smooth collie and rhodesian ridgeback like. very sweet.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 AM

You have my sympathy.

I had to put down my childhood dog right before I left for my senior year of college. I can admit that the last time I saw him, I was crying like a little bitch.