Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 AM

Default My dog just died.

So, I've been in vegas enjoying the WSOP for a few weeks and just today apparently my dog back home started getting sick and vomiting up foam. I just got a message a few minutes ago from my sister who said she died. I can't believe I didn't even get to say goodbye. She's getting cremated, so luckily I won't have to bury her.

I need some cheering up, so this thread is about awesome pets we've had and good memories with them.

Presenting Sapphire, the German Shepherd:

She was the runt of the litter, and she wasn't getting enough milk from her mom so we brought her home early. She could barely stand up on the tile at home, so she always stumbled there. My other dog at the time (a miniature schnauzer, who quickly was dwarfed by my full grown german shepherd but looked like a giant at the time) walked up to her and gave her a disapproving sniff and then walked away.

Dogs are cool.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:57 AM

Default Re: My dog just died.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2006, 03:58 AM

This thread is going to be so sad.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:04 AM

She knows you loved her. She loved you right on back.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:05 AM

gobbo,

Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet sucks.

This is my dog, Otis.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:09 AM

2.5 yr old and she's half Lab and half Golden Retriever, she's the first dog I ever had and she's awesome!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:24 AM

when I was growing up, my dad used to be a Train Conductor - he'd run trains from Kalispell over to Havre and run thru Indian Country near Browning - he saw a brownish mutt over there that was hanging out a lot near some spare RR ties, so once he tossed out an open bag of dogfood for her -

later on he went and grabbed her in a trunk and brought her home - skittish at first, she became our most loyal dog and the only one who would bark at strangers - (Important for keeping Jehovah's Witnesses in the car) -

My dad finally had to put her down a yr. ago last Thanksgiving - let her go outside, she just sat down quietly with her head down in the snow and he gave her a quick pat on the head and came around behind her so she didn't see the pistol, which she would have recognized and freaked out at, probably -

but she was so old and tired, maybe not -

-----------

when all the dogs were together me and my brother would play this sick game of Hide and Seek -

Hide and Seek on 200+ wooded acres - one guy runs off - give him 3 minutes, but you keep the dogs with you - then when we'd go running off, the dogs would lead and could smell whichever of us had run ahead and sure enough, a quarter mile down the treeline, there someone would be hiding behind a brushpile - LOL.

terrible bummer - my condolences, bro.

RB
Old 08-10-2006, 04:24 AM

As strange as it sounds, the other night I was actually thinking about how I'd react when my dog dies. Luke's only about 1.5 years old, so we've got a lot of time together, but still. Sad.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:27 AM

this thread makes me sad, my dog is 13 and I'd don't like to think about this day
Old 08-10-2006, 04:35 AM

Sorry man, it sucks to lose a dog. I had a golden retriever from when I was 7 until I was 20. Great dog, brilliant dog, but I think she knew it was time. I still remember saying goodbye to her, shutting the rear car door, and waving to my dad in the driver's seat, both of us with tears welling up. Damn, I couldn't imagine driving down the vet like that.