Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 08:18 AM

Default Re: TAG With 60K hands... Still Down! 1/2 LHE

I tried a little 6max a while back. I think it improved my FR game a lot (aggression, steal opportunities, defending blinds, but also post flop player reading skills - you are in a lot more marginal hands).

Don't be too obsessed with the stats because they only give an overview. It may be that you are not adapting to specific circumstances as well as you might. Much of the specific advice in SSHE is based around very particular circumstances which will not hold true at certain times in certain games.

Oh, and "TAG" in itself does not mnean "good".
Old 08-07-2006, 09:25 AM

It looks like you were doing well from 30K to 48K. That's 18K hands. I think you should try and find out what has changed around the 48K mark. Did you start playing differently? Are you playing against tighter opponents? Look for patterns - have the same people started reappearing in the tables you play? What kinds of hands have you lost lots with and to whom - maybe you have a leak that others have learned to exploit.

It could just be a bad run, although -300 BB is a lot. Sometimes a break and reading some books can help.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:34 AM

quit poker
Old 08-07-2006, 09:58 AM

Hey, how do you guys make this graphic?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, how do you guys make this graphic?

[/ QUOTE ]

get a pic (either use print screen and paste it to your favourite editor), use image shack to upload it (you get a html link to the link) and then use the Image option in the Instant UBB Code section that is right under this box that Im typing in now.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:40 AM

Thanks for your reply AussieBattler, but I think I wasn't clear.

I know how to upload and all that stuff, but I don't know which program to use to CREATE the graphic.. Is it PokerTracker? If so, how do I do it?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:50 AM

It's not that bad. With your stats you should be at least a small winner I think, but it could just be variance. Look at your graph. The first 30K or so are probably just game development. It took you a while to adjust to 1/2 and you did well until 48K. The last 13K or so could just be a bad downswing. 10K downswings aren't that uncommon.

I think you should move back down to 0.5/1, post hands and definitely work on your post flop play. Try 0.5/1 6-max (or lower) as well as others have said.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:51 AM

*grunch*

This looks extremely painful. I admire your patience and perserverance. Those are great traits which will do you well in the future.

I looked at my database to compare your stats to other players. You match up to the group I have labelled as TAP or tight aggressive passive. I have 311 TAP's in my database with 60% of them being overall losers.

I have one player in there who is a significant winner. The biggest difference I see in his stats versus the other players is his blind defense and steal blind ratio. Twice the average.

Those two moves probably are why he is successful. This guy also multitables at the lower limits, .25/50 because their looser play is perfect for his style.

Heads up against this style of player (I was a SLAA player(maniac)) I was a huge winner, I attacked their blinds constantly and avoided them when they raised. Ironically the one significant winner in that group of TAP's killed me heads up by defending his blinds extremely well.

Anyways I hope this helps to some extent.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your reply AussieBattler, but I think I wasn't clear.

I know how to upload and all that stuff, but I don't know which program to use to CREATE the graphic.. Is it PokerTracker? If so, how do I do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

the software's called pokergraph(er?). u can google it. it's free. but u need pokertracker.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im a newbie too, i play preflop more or less according to the SSHE chart. But my Vpip is still 12 (yeah, i really need to work on it). However, im still winning.

[/ QUOTE ]
Respectfully, you are not playing preflop more or less according to the SSHE chart. You PFR number should be reasonably close to your present VPIP number, and your VPIP should be around 20%. You're leaving a lot of EV on the table.