Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 04:40 PM

Default Re: J9s 100NL Party

[ QUOTE ]
c/r AI is sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I like it to. If he's solid and he holds an overpair, there is good chance that he will fold.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Re: J9s 100NL Party

Being OOP sucks, as always [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Had villain checked then this would be a very easy bet in position, picking up that powerful combo draw. I'm not sure about betting IN to him however. It's nice to play these draws aggressively but I think the risk of being faced with a raise here is too high. Because there is only one card to go the sad fact is that you will be raised off your hand a good amount of the time. This hand has a lot of different plays tho, and I certainly can't say it's entirely wrong to bet here either. But I think the standard play in this situation would be to simply check/call.

You said you haven't seen villain do anything outrageous but I don't think your number of hands on him should motivate you to think in lines like "maybe he can fold an overpair". I don't like doing something funny against him because you really can't expect him to laydown much of anything. Have you had more hands and/or a solid read I believe theres plenty of reason to make another move, someone mentioned c/r ai wich can be a great move against some rocks here. Too scary to pull that one off here tho, and in most situation I think checking and calling any reasonable bet size is a sound approach anyway.