Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: 4-player HU tourneys on Stars, how\'s the competition at the $5

I just played my first 5$ HU tourney on Stars (the 2-player version). After three hands, it was obvious I was dealing with a super-aggro tilt monkey. I hit TPTK on the fourth hand, he raised a ridiculous amount again, I pushed in, he called with third pair. 300$ hourly rate or so... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So yeah, go play.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:04 PM

$5 players on stars are usually weak tight, at least from my experience. I noticed the $10 level seems to have more of the overaggressive nuts. That probably comes from them playing at the $5 level where they realized they can just run over the overly tight players.

If you play $5 on stars learn the power of RAISE! I mean, raise whenever you can, at least 3/4 of your preflop hands in posistion. These players literally will let you walk all over them. But please, understand bet sizes before you do this. If your bets and raises are too big then you become one of those super-aggro tilt monkeys that the poster above me mentioned. Don't set yourself up for a one hit kill, leave yourself room to get away from a hand if needed.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$5 players on stars are usually weak tight, at least from my experience. I noticed the $10 level seems to have more of the overaggressive nuts. That probably comes from them playing at the $5 level where they realized they can just run over the overly tight players.

If you play $5 on stars learn the power of RAISE! I mean, raise whenever you can, at least 3/4 of your preflop hands in posistion. These players literally will let you walk all over them. But please, understand bet sizes before you do this. If your bets and raises are too big then you become one of those super-aggro tilt monkeys that the poster above me mentioned. Don't set yourself up for a one hit kill, leave yourself room to get away from a hand if needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd odd, I've found the $5 players to be aggro monkeys and weak-tight is ually a better strategy for me. I fold most of my mediocre hands to their crazy preflop raises and simply push with a hand they call i win then its like 2500 to 500 easy wins.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 AM

I could teach my dog to beat the players that frequent the 5 dollar heads up sit and goes on stars.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:34 AM

As bad as the 5 dollar HU NLHE players are, the 5 dollar HU LO8 players are far worse...
Old 08-05-2006, 01:38 AM

The players are very weak. If you can dodge the bad beats you should be fine if you play solid tight aggresive. I don't mean too tight here, but don't put yourself in a spot to go broke such as unreaised pots when hitting top pair top kicker. Try to play small pots with marginal hands and overbet your big hands and you'll find a winning stratagey at these levels.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:30 PM

they're all awful awful awful
Old 08-07-2006, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they're all awful awful awful

[/ QUOTE ]