Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 PM

Default Re: I Try NL; Hands Played =1, Buy-Ins Lost = 1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Is not folding preflop a big leak? I normally play AQ UTG at 9-handed tables (on Stars, although I mainly play 6m anyway), and you're advocating folding in 8th position...

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking about folding after the re-raise, not initially.

Unless you have a specific read, any Villain who re-raises PF has should be assumed to have QQ at worst. Seeing as how you popped it to 7x BB instead of the standard 3x-5x, you can be even more sure you are behind when re-raised.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:52 PM

Obv fold to the reraise preflop. This reraise in full ring means QQ+ and AK pretty much 100% of the time.

I think its best to limp this hand from EP preflop from what I read about FR (I play very little of it)

Leading the flop here is really bad. If you really really want to go broke (of cource you should actually be c/f the flop) then at least c/r so you get a cbet from AK.

In general, aggression is very important in NL, but just control it and use it at the right spots.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:53 PM

Don't call a preflop reraise with AQ (at least with no good reads).
Old 08-02-2006, 04:02 PM

First, once you call the reraise, flop TPTK with backdoor flush draw, cb for a good amount, and villain pushes for less than $10 more you're pot-committed and have to call.

So, the question is whether AQo is worth calling a preflop reraise out of position at a full ring game. And the answer, IMO, is no. Fold AQo out of position to a reraise at a full ring game. AQ is good, but not great. Moreover, your position is bad and you have no read on the reraising tendencies of MP3. So get out preflop.

As for your other questions.

[ QUOTE ]
In Limit, if I raise PF and get a reraise, its almost an auto-call. Is that not the case here?

IMO: No

Should I be folding hands like this to a reraise?

IMO: Yes

On the flop i think I have invested too much to fold to his small reraise. Is this correct thinking?

IMO: This hand plays it self out just like you played it if you call the preflop reraise.

How much credit should I be giving these SSNL players?

IMO: Without a read, reraises are usually QQ, KK, AA, AK. With a read, sometimes JJ or TT or even the very occasional AQ. Maniacs are rare, but might reraise with ATC. Mice and fish reraise AA and KK only.

How do you guys play TPTK in NL? (Situational, I understand - but any general Tptk advice is much appreciated)

IMO: Raise preflop. Lead most flops depending on # players, texture of flop, position, and stack sizes. Past the cb, I play cautiously to avoid going broke with a 1-pair hand. 1-pair is not a big hand, so try not to play a big pot if you can help it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2006, 04:05 PM

FWIW, JJ is a better hand preflop than AQ, and even it is usually only good for set value vs a preflop reraise at a full ring game vs tight-passive types of villains.