Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Most likely got a DUI last night, tell me how big of an a**hole I

You may be able to get a restricted license, which would allow you to drive only for work purposes.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just become a poker pro if you lose your license...problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been considering this for a long time now, but I just got a big promotion at work, along with a large promotion bonus, which is contingent on my staying with the Company for at lease one year, or else I have to pay it back. Being that I have pretty much already committed to spend the money (down payment on another rental property, making me a slum lord for the 4th time), I really want to stick it out for at least one more year.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:02 PM

Old 07-29-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well played.
thank you for the laugh, I most certainly needed it.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Most likely got a DUI last night, tell me how big of an a**hole I am

You might get into trouble here with a DUI, but, you may be able to get a special license that let's you drive to and from work
Old 07-29-2006, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Most likely got a DUI last night, tell me how big of an a**hole I am

how do you ignore soemone twice in the same thread?
Old 07-29-2006, 08:26 PM

huh?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:06 PM

Rick,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. The 8% BAL rules are unexpectedly harsh but have no fear, you will be able to drive to and from work barring any further complications (e.g. outstanding felony warrants). Such work exceptions are incredibly standard but hopefully you will not need to acquire such permission.

J
Old 07-30-2006, 01:25 AM

Hey Rick, regarding them being able to take your blood sample and work it back a few hours to find out what your b/a level was at 12:30:

My wife worked in a processing lab for a local hospital just a few years ago, as she worked on her nursing degree. She did the blood testing in cases like yours. I asked her about if they could figure out what someones b/a level was hours before a test was taken and she said no. Everyone's body processes alcohol at different speeds based on a variety of factors. She had asked about it when she worked at the lab out of curiosity and was told it isn't done, by her supervisor. There are two reasons they take someone to the hospital for the draw. Either they are uncooperative with the breathalizer, or like in your case, you blow under and the police can't hold you and make you blow a bit later because you passed, so they take you to the hospital in case you tested while your b/a level was on the way up. In that case, you could pass the breath test but fail a later test as the alcohol was more fully absorbed.

You should be fine. At least from what she knows which is probably a hell of a lot more than the rest of us.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:38 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

It's a lesson learned.

A few years back I drove home, about 30 miles, when I was clearly wasted. I mean trouble walking wasted. I'm not a big drinker, but we were at a strip club and strippers were buying us shots. That just not something I was prepared to say no to. I felt so guilty the next morning. I just couldn't beleive how irresponsible I had been. So I know your guilt.

Bottom line, be more careful. I know with my body weight I can drink four beers and then one per hour and be below the limit. If I take a break, my body burns one beer per hour. Although, since that experience I rarely drink.