Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Neat Tricks About Life

If your dishwasher starts to smell run it empty with a cup of lemon juice. Cleans it and eliminates odor.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jeff,

In that vein, one of the more useful things I was told but only after years of browsing is that hitting ctrl + enter in the address bar will fill out the www. and .com fields for you. Very helpful.

That may be very common knowledge but it wasn't to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2006, 12:19 PM

If you drive a lot you know its good to be sure your break lights, signals and headlights are working properly not only for safety buy to prevent being pulled over by the police so they can tell you.

Its not possible to check break lights unless you have somebody stand behind the car while you press the pedal to see if the lights work.

A more effecive method is,
While you are at the gas station or store find a place that has a large plate glass window.
Face the back of your car towards that window about 20' away is perfect.
now you can glance over your shoulder looking at the reflection of the back of your car to while you tap the pedal to make sure the breaklights and signals are working properly.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:43 AM

This is a copied chain letter I've kept. I've tried it and it was certainly accurate.

---------------------------------

Dryer-sheets Clogging Lint-filters

"I had a wonderful thing happen this morning; the heating unit went out on my dryer Why does everything seem to fall apart this time of year!!???!!!

We called the guy here in town that fixes things like that and he came over while I was working over at the folks. One new $50 heating unit and a $40 house call later, I now have a dryer that works plus a very good hint from the man that fixed it! Guess that makes the bill almost worthwhile!

My husband told me when Perk (that's the guy that fixes things) got here, he went directly to the dryer and pulled out the lint filter. (It was clean. We always clean the lint from the filter after every load of clothes.)

Perk told Jerry that he wanted to show him something. He took the filter over to the sink and ran hot water over it. Now, this thing is like a mesh - I'm sure you know what your dryer's lint filter looks like - WELL.......the hot water just laid on top of the mesh!!! It didn't go through it at all!!!

Perk told Jerry that dryer sheets cause a transparent film over that mesh and that blocks the flow of air which eventually burns out the heating unit. You can't easily SEE the film, but it's there. He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time (and to keep your electric bill lower) is to take that filter out and wash it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush (or other brush) at least every six months. He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice as long!

How about that???!!!! Learn something new everyday!

I certainly didn't know dryer sheets would do that and I doubt you did either. So, thought I'd share!
Old 07-27-2006, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get bit by mosquitos? Spray OFF onto your body before leaving the house.

Wanna live? Next time you plan on jumping in front of a bus, just stand where you are. You'll live longer, and it won't hurt as much.

On a more serious note, don't renew your Vehicle Registration sticker until you get ticketed for it. The ticket is likely to get dismissed, and the court costs should be substantially lower than the pro-rated cost of the sticker for the time you went without it.

The sticker isn't retro-active either. It is good from the day you get it, forward 12 months.

I usually drive around for 2 years on 1 sticker, saving myself about $70.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot, my mom has been bugging me to go get one, I knew I was right in abiding in my illegal activities!!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:07 AM

penis enhancement can be achived through:
Jelqing (Milking) Exercise
Weight Hanging
Ballooning your penis
Old 07-27-2006, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that true about blowing in a girls vagina that they could die? I've heard it before but can't remember if they were jopking. I'm pretty sure they were jopking but I remember them saying something about air getting trapped hemmorage blood clot doctor stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a true fact. You can give her an emboli
Old 07-27-2006, 09:14 AM

best party trick:
1) drink a bottle of spirits (should be drops left in bottom)
2) light a cigarette and blow lots of smoke into the empty bottle. Seal top.
3) shake bottle vigorously to allow droplets/smoke to interact
4) take off cap, apply a lit match to top of bottle
5) bask in the adoration of the masses
Old 07-27-2006, 09:44 AM

Resurrecting a fly:
http://bartendermagic.com/fly.htm
Old 07-27-2006, 11:07 AM

The designers of some elevators include a hidden feature that is very handy if you’re in a hurry or it’s a busy time in the building (like check-out time in a hotel). While some elevators require a key, others can be put into “Express” mode by pressing the “Door Close” and “Floor” buttons at the same time. This sweeps the car to the floor of your choice and avoids stops at any other floor.