Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Slipping the Front Desk Guy $100

was thinking the same thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mmmm. Curry. Had the best curry when I was in England....

ok, so $20 (~1000rupees) seems to do it. Folded with ID/CC when I ask about upgrade availability?

EDIT: NVM. Google is my friend.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm checking into the Palms on Thursday. I've never heard of this stuff before this thread because I suck at high rolling. What exactly is my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let them know in advance, you can just call and say you're checking in and drop that it's your honeymoon and ask about the price of upgrades or whatever, casually inquire about their party faccilities or something, hopefully they'll just volunteer the upgrades at that point.

When you get there - look for the VIP check in desk & go there. Most Vegas hotels have a separate check in desk for VIP's & special parties, and they do honeymoon check-ins there. Go to check in, if they ask why you're at the VIP desk, just say it's your honeymoon, hopefully free comps will come.

By this point I've always gotten comps, but if you haven't for some reason, then I'm sure the $20 would work. If you haven't been upgraded by this point it's probably because A) suites are booked up or B) you got bad luck and had jerks for customer assistance.

If it's your actual honeymoon you should definitely get the baller treatment [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2006, 08:59 PM

At the mirage and in vegas for the first time, wife said we were here for my 30th birthday...any upgrades..they said no but sent up a bottle of champagne. ($30 off the room service menu)
jdoe
Old 07-25-2006, 09:40 PM

It is better to approach it this way " Hi I was wondering if any complimentary room upgrade is available? I would make it worth your while to check. Thanks."

Saves embarressment as opposed to the hidden $20 thing, and has worked for me at Venetian and Paris. Struck out at MGM,Ballys,Flamingo..(which is overpriced dump with [censored] staff anyway)

Never hurts to ask...btw if I like my upgrade I usually slip them a 50.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:45 AM

Reminds me of the movie Lost in America with Albert Brooks and the lady who played the stewardess in the movie Airplane.

They went to vegas to renew their vows. Checking into the Desert Inn (1985 movie...) he asks for a bridal suite. Clerk says they are all booked. Brooks says he knows computers can be tricky to operate (slips the guy a $20) and asks him to recheck. "Nope, still booked". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Brooks then explains that he sucks at this type of thing and asks flat out how much the guy wants. $100 is the reply.

They go up to the room. It's a "Junior Bridal Suite" with TWO SMALL heart shaped beds. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW, if you like vegas movies and haven't seen this, it's worth a check off on your Netflix roster...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:17 AM

so im tempted to do this except a) i'm gonna be at the MC for a week and b) i'm gonna be like the 40th pasty, early 20s white dude within a couple days to come up and try and slip them a $20. they're gonna throw a phone at me.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so im tempted to do this except a) i'm gonna be at the MC for a week and b) i'm gonna be like the 40th pasty, early 20s white dude within a couple days to come up and try and slip them a $20. they're gonna throw a phone at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try it you won't be sorry. Even if you strike out you have a story to tell, it's worth it.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stayed at the flamingo for my mother in law's weddings. There are suites, well at least really large rooms on the upper floors.

[/ QUOTE ]

everytime I've checked in to the flamingo after midnight/1am I've been upgraded to a suite.

-Jason
Old 07-26-2006, 12:10 PM
 is offline

This thread was one of the dumbest I have ever started. No way in hell this is going to work for me now.

I hope they downgrade me to a utilities closet for being such a moron.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread was one of the dumbest I have ever started. No way in hell this is going to work for me now.

I hope they downgrade me to a utilities closet for being such a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure if you ask that they will do for free