Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Re: T-9 s: tough desicion when flush hits

ya if your going to play hands like these you should get to know your percentages, and that you were up 60/40 against AQ/KQ and coin flipping against QJ.

if you had reraised on the flop and he flat calls, hes most likely going to check the turn card so if you dont hit you get a free river. If he pushes, you call, if he folds, nh
Old 07-22-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the call on the turn must look terrible, and it probably is. Still, i had reasons: first, if villain had hit a higher flush, i didn't want to put more money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hits on the river and he shoves, you plan to fold?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know the call on the turn must look terrible, and it probably is. Still, i had reasons: first, if villain had hit a higher flush, i didn't want to put more money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hits on the river and he shoves, you plan to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, I didn't quite hit the point. The thing is that if another club hits, I would consider folding. If he already has a higher flush, I'm done with, since I would call the river anyway. But considering I put him on top pair , the main reason for just calling was that he would almost certainly bet the river, no matter what card falls. Since I was rather sure I had the nuts on the turn, and I will call or raise the river anyway (if no club hits), I wanted to give him the chance to but in some chips rather than fold the turn or check/fold the river...

Is that completely wrong?