Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 08:58 PM

Default Re: DAY 3 continued....

So after watching the horrific baseball beat I decide that it's time for some poker to cheer me. I talk STDBF into playing at Caesar's for 2 hours and then we will go back to Flamingo around midnight and play some more 2/4. The sister-in-law and wife plan on trying to catch some fireworks so we all agree to meet at Flamingo around midnight. I try to explain to them that they aren't just gonna shoot fireworks off over the strip but they believe that drunk lady from last night that said there will be fireworks. Whatever.

So STDBF and I go to Caesar's and both get sat together at a 3/6 table. The play is a little better than the Flamingo 2/4 but not that much. There are probably 5 decent players at the table and 1 guy I swear I saw playing in the U.S Poker Championship that has been showing on ESPN. The last I saw he was in the final 30. I'm not sure where he finished but I found it kinda odd that he was at Caesar's playing 3/6. I think his last name was Adams. He always has a hat on and wears glasses if that helps. Maybe I'm crazy or maybe he lost all his money already, I really can't say for sure but he doesn't seem like anything special.

The one hand I play with him 3 people limp, he raises in CO and I call with A3 of diamond. Flop comes 245 rainbow, jackpot!!! Checked to him and he bets, I go with the smooth call and two others call. Turn is a 10 of hearts putting two hearts and the board and he bets again. I raise and everyone folds except U.S. poker guy. River is the Ace of hearts and he donks. I call and see the damage QJ of hearts for the runner runner flush. Ouch!! He says "sorry, I was looking for a Q or J on the river". Yeah or a heart maybe??? I tell him "nice hand" and I'm left to wonder if he would have called had I raised the flop.

STDBF is getting pwned by two young kids at the other end of the table. I can see he is getting pissed and suggest that we just rack up and have a drink and meet the ladies over at Flamingo. I leave down $23 and STDBF leaves down $112 in about an hour of play. STDBF flips off the two kids as we are leaving and I can't help but almost fall down from laughter. It was a classic.

I wish I could have stayed longer because I really liked the room and the couple dealers that we had were both good and fast. Oh well, maybe I can get out here for just a poker trip sometime and see some more rooms.

So we head over to O'Shea's to grab a quick drink at the back bar and kill about 45 minutes. STDBF nudges me and says that the two girls at the end of the bar are checking us out. I ask " do you know why they are checking us out?". "I don't know, maybe they think we're cute." So I have to explain to him that they are working girls. It takes a minute but he understands after he thinks about it. So we finish our drinks and get another for the walk to the poker room to meet wifey and S-I-L. On the walk we grab a couple "flyers" from the street vendors and I make STDBF take my picture standing with them as I act out giving them to people. The flyer dudes thought it was funny and kind of amused myself also.

Wow, how the time goes. You guys wouldn't believe how long it takes a construction worker to type this small amount out but boy does it. I'll try and wrap things up tueday or wednesday night. Hopefully you are all enjoying and I'm sorry that I can't finish now but duty calls. there is a little poker left and some very annoying STDBF left.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:02 PM

Default Re: DAY 3 continued....

Great report, and waaaaaay easier to read from the second installment on.