Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Scans tables faster now with the PP update this morning

ok well i had a breakthrough and now the program is working exactly how i hoped it would except much faster. i just kept playing around with it until it finally worked and now it seems to consistently work. the weird thing is i didn't change anything, i just kept plugging away at it. right now i'm using 1 db that has about 1.5 million hands in it

the problem now is i want to run it on my laptop with the same database but it's not working. when i do a manual scan on one table, it just says running for a while, occasionally working finally. when i do a continuous scan it gets stuck at player 0/6 on the first table. my desktop is not that much faster than my laptop so i don't get why it's not working. maybe i just have to keep playing with it like i did on my desktop?

anyway, thanks for your continued support. i'm really glad i got this thing finally working. it was well worth the wait
Old 06-23-2006, 12:19 PM

Is there any correlation between the people having problems with PTS and people who have setup "Focus Follows Mouse" (X-Windows style...) using TweakUI.

I haven't got it setup on my system, but I could see it causing problems just like people are describing.

Juk a thought - Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2006, 01:06 PM

I have a brand new database and it is still very slow.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It actually worked great for me for a while--just stopped working today though. All tables are "not updated."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,
Some people already send me messages about this. Can you tell me what site seems to not work anymore?
I'll try to work on this this weekend... ( i have a day job ;(, that's why sometimes i'm slow to answer... )
Regards
PTS support

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on Party. And I gave up on my 1.08 install as i was getting nowhwere and my 1.06 seems to be working fine again now. No idea what was going on there.

Last night and earlier today it was doing this weird thing where it would keep scanning through the tables in the lobby even when the scan was paused and it even kept doing it after closing the program--then at one point the program wouldnt close and i had to end process on it then i got a couple dumprep.exe processes going nuts taking up all my CPU for a while. Also even when scanning the Database part just said "stopped" for its status so it wasnt even trying to query for player data.

All that said--it seems to be working fine now. Not sure why but i'll take it.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a brand new database and it is still very slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it running 3 DBs and its pretty fast...900k hands, 800k hands, and 300k hands.

Is it your hardware? I have 1 GB of Ram a 800mhz FSB and a Athlon 3200+ -- nothing too crazy its a decently fast machien that is 18 months old.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:22 PM

No, I have 2 gigs of ram, athlon xp 4600, the windows install is only about 1.5 months old as well so everything is great.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:33 PM

Does it become significantly faster when using SQL instead of access?
Does it become significantly faster when cashing all players?

I have some speed problems. It's not as fast with getting stats as PAHUD is nowadays, but it works ok.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok well i had a breakthrough and now the program is working exactly how i hoped it would except much faster. i just kept playing around with it until it finally worked and now it seems to consistently work. the weird thing is i didn't change anything, i just kept plugging away at it. right now i'm using 1 db that has about 1.5 million hands in it

the problem now is i want to run it on my laptop with the same database but it's not working. when i do a manual scan on one table, it just says running for a while, occasionally working finally. when i do a continuous scan it gets stuck at player 0/6 on the first table. my desktop is not that much faster than my laptop so i don't get why it's not working. maybe i just have to keep playing with it like i did on my desktop?

anyway, thanks for your continued support. i'm really glad i got this thing finally working. it was well worth the wait

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Josh,
Can you tell us what you did to make your database connection work much better?
About the fact that the same database doesn't work on your laptop, once again it makes me think that the problem comes from something wrong in the database driver or from some weird system settings, but i haven't been able to find the solution...
Regards
PTS support
Old 06-24-2006, 11:21 AM

I am using it with postgres database if that makes any diff.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:20 PM

This is a fantastic piece of software! Thanks for releasing it! I had a few issues getting it to work, but it was related to my server configuration (running PSQL on another computer). Once I got everything tweaked, it was fast and very useful. Having the ability to scan for more profitable tables every 30 min or so to see if you are missing an opportunity is huge!