Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Announcing New Software : PokerTableScan

PokerTableScan is a software that makes poker table selection easy and fast. It is a companion application for Poker Tracker, the leading online poker hand history tracking and analysing application.

The main feature of PokerTableScan is to display the list of the players sitting at a poker table, their PokerTracker statistics, as well as the tables averages, without having to open the table window. Just click once on the table name in the poker lobby and the players names, players statistics and table averages will be displayed within 2 to 5 seconds.
PokerTableScan also offers player and table filters that will help you to select your table.

Current Version supports:
PartyPoker
FullTiltPoker
ParadisePoker
UltimateBet
AbsolutePoker

Please visit our website : www.pokertablescan.com
Old 03-05-2006, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Announcing New Software : PokerTableScan

That looks like a useful piece of software. Anyone tried it?
Is there a free demo available?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:31 AM

How I am supposed to test this to make sure it works when I can't use it without registering.
Not giving money away without knowing it works for me.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:45 AM

Yea right....no way am I registering automatically..Make it free for a month, then make us register or something like that.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:13 PM

Fair enough.

The truth, guys, is i just don't know how to technically implement a trial period in my software. I would like to though.

I will try to work on it, but to solve the problem i've made a quick fix and have added a demo version which only allow 2 tables read. This should be enough to check if the program works OK on your computer and if the functionnalities are all working.

Please go to the website www.pokertablescan.com and download the demo if you want to try it.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2006, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerTableScan retrieves the statistics of the players sitting at the table by querying the PokerTracker database.

[/ QUOTE ]
the abiltiy to query multiple PokerTracker PSQL databases is a real plus-does your app. do that? It looks like it only queries one database..
Old 03-05-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerTableScan retrieves the statistics of the players sitting at the table by querying the PokerTracker database.

[/ QUOTE ]
the abiltiy to query multiple PokerTracker PSQL databases is a real plus-does your app. do that? It looks like it only queries one database..

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-05-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Database ODBC name : it the name of your PokerTrackerDatabase.
To get this name, click File/Maintain Database Name in PokerTracker and check the name displayed in the DB File / DB Name / DSN tab.

[/ QUOTE ]
the file name/s displayed in the DB File/DB Name/DSN tab are not necessarily the same as the the ODBC Database names ie PTPGSQL32. ODBC just creates new PTPGSQL names for each new database created .I have 32 of them.

It would be much more user friendly if the Database dropdown menu showed actual database names from PokerTracker's Maintain Poker Tracker Database Names/ either the Name or the DB File/DB Name/DSN. I renamed all my PSQL databases in the DB file/DB Name/DSN to correspond to the type of database created.. both usually are the same ie Party DM $200 NLHE 6MAX.

I know I can go into ODBC and match up the PTPGSQL# to the correct database but it is a hassle. Many players have many databses and may have re-named the DB File/DB Name/DSN to something other than the name applied by ODBC ie PTPGSQL32.

I assume that PTS loads the dafault PokerTracker database..but just using it now when I closed and re-opened it ..it opened up two different db's..

btw I'm setting it to use a certain db and it wont keep the db I assigned to it..cant get it to work at all-looks like a great tool thu.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:11 PM

Good point.

I will work on adding multi-database support.

Other than that, any problem with the soft, or is it working ok?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:19 PM

can this read from multiple databases? if so, i'll be the guinea pig and give everyone a review

edit: just saw that it doesn't but you'll add it