Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Closing a checking account so the poker site can\'t collect

Old 07-08-2006, 11:18 AM

Since when is there no statute of limitations on fraud?

Depending on what state, and when you knowingly defrauded, it varies from two to six years....tops. What this dude did is illegal, and immoral, but it aint murder. Get it?

By the way jiv, what will probably happen is the nightmare of a collection agency hounding you to death.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 07-08-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is against the law, but has anyone actually gotten into trouble for doing this? I got carried away with my gambling problem and don't even have the $2000 in my account that they will try to collect on. I did a deposit online where they just deduct the amount from my checking account directly. The stupid thing is, and this is why I know I have a real gambling problem, even if I won playing poker with that $2,000 I deposited I never would've been able to collect it since they wouldn't payout until they got the deposit. My only option right now is to close the account before they try to collect since if I don't do it the NSF fee's will start to pile up. What are the odds that an offshore gambling company would try to prosecute me? I would think pretty slim.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have nothing to worry about.

All they'll do is send a couple people to break your legs. After that you'll get to park in all the close parking spots. Its win-win!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have nothing to worry about.

All they'll do is send a couple people to break your legs. After that you'll get to park in all the close parking spots. Its win-win!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's he going to park in those spots, his bicycle?

He won't be able to ride with two broken legs.

Besides his mom will ground him when she finds out.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokeraddict has it exactly right about PP selling the bad debt to a domestic colletions agency. I work for Citigroup as an analyst in the collections division and this how it normally operates. I hate to tell you this but this debt is not going away for a long time. If the first agency can't collect, they'll sell it to another agency. I've witnessed first hand debts that have gone five agencies deep and the debt was finally collected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im a collections manager. (notice my title) I could buy OP's debt and have a summons to appear in court served to him (or his parents if he is -18) by ...next thursday. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Did you blow the money yet? Obviously you could give it back and pay off what you lost so far.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:04 PM

He obviously blew it all. If he didn't he should just bet it all at blackjack until he either has $2000 again or is broke. If he goes broke then he should hide before the site sells his debt and then someone comes and cuts a finger or two off.

Brendan
Old 07-08-2006, 04:11 PM

An offshore company such as PartyPoker WILL NOT come after you or ruin your credit if you choose to close your checking account. Doing that makes you scum, but there will be no legal ramifications. There is a jurisdiction clause in Party's T&C which states that all matters will be resolved in Antigua. They would have to sue to there and Antigua's long arm statute will not extend to the US. Get help and pay off the debt, but if you really can't come up with the money, get help and tell PP to screw themselves.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:14 PM

Your probably a collections manager in U.S. am I correct? Debts made in other countries are not enforcable in our court systems. To do so would burden our courts needlessly for matters that do not concern the US courts. The only course of action is to sue villan in Angtigua, but that judgment means nothing in this country.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pokeraddict has it exactly right about PP selling the bad debt to a domestic colletions agency. I work for Citigroup as an analyst in the collections division and this how it normally operates. I hate to tell you this but this debt is not going away for a long time. If the first agency can't collect, they'll sell it to another agency. I've witnessed first hand debts that have gone five agencies deep and the debt was finally collected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im a collections manager. (notice my title) I could buy OP's debt and have a summons to appear in court served to him by ...next thursday. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
\

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, and then what ? Go [censored] yourself with the summons ? Or some US judge is actually gonna throw this kid in jail because you are a "collections manager". Please