Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 06:08 AM

Default Closing a checking account so the poker site can\'t collect

I know this is against the law, but has anyone actually gotten into trouble for doing this? I got carried away with my gambling problem and don't even have the $2000 in my account that they will try to collect on. I did a deposit online where they just deduct the amount from my checking account directly. The stupid thing is, and this is why I know I have a real gambling problem, even if I won playing poker with that $2,000 I deposited I never would've been able to collect it since they wouldn't payout until they got the deposit. My only option right now is to close the account before they try to collect since if I don't do it the NSF fee's will start to pile up. What are the odds that an offshore gambling company would try to prosecute me? I would think pretty slim.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Closing a checking account so the poker site can\'t collect

I can't wait until everybody wakes up, turns on their computers, and sees this.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:28 AM

Standard operating procedure, we get one of these posts a week.

Save yourself the trouble and just delete this.

Go to a GA meeting and arrange to pay this debt.

Old 07-08-2006, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Closing a checking account so the poker site can\'t collect *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven
Old 07-08-2006, 06:44 AM

Well, this is off to a good start.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:02 AM

I'll address the topic of your post.

First, you have a gambling problem and you seem to know this. Find help. GA is the most well-known place around here. http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

As for your predicament with partypoker, what you've done is defrauded an offshore site. I would not take this casually or lightly.

Best possible scenario is if you could find someone to lend you $2k--family, friend, etc.

NSF's like this and suddenly closing accounts can ding your credit irreperably. The damages in this case can far exceed $2,000.

Get hlep. http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/
Old 07-08-2006, 07:11 AM

He said people post here every week about that but I haven't found any. I just want to know if anybody here has gotten into trouble for this kind of thing. No big deal. I'm curious since this whole online check thing is a relatively new thing. Believe me, I know I have problem and will seek help.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 AM

So basically you're asking for people to help you scam a poker room? I think you've come to the wrong place. You owe the money, plain and simple. Trying to get out of paying is just going to cause bigger problems and cost you more in the long run. On top of having to eventually pay this one day you will probably never be able to play online poker either if you charge it back and hide.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He said people post here every week about that but I haven't found any. I just want to know if anybody here has gotten into trouble for this kind of thing. No big deal. I'm curious since this whole online check thing is a relatively new thing. Believe me, I know I have problem and will seek help.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't get into any legal trouble with Party, all they will do is close your account and you won't be able to reopen it until you repay them. I had a friend do something like this, his bank account was closed for overdrawing so much money and he now cannot get a checking account anywhere. So your best bet is to pay it if at all possible or its gonna really hurt your credit and you will prob have to pay it and more then sometime in the future.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically you're asking for people to help you scam a poker room? I think you've come to the wrong place. You owe the money, plain and simple. Trying to get out of paying is just going to cause bigger problems and cost you more in the long run. On top of having to eventually pay this one day you will probably never be able to play online poker either if you charge it back and hide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, where in my post am I asking for help in scamming anybody? I just want to know if anybody ever got into trouble, and what kind of trouble for doing this. I know I will eventually have to pay for this, and I know I won't be able to play there anymore (not partypoker btw). I just want to know if anybody actually got prosecuted for this kind of thing, renegging on an online check, like people do everyday for not honoring a regular check.