Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Handicap this Fight: Man vs Beast

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

anyone looked up the force a pitbull can apply with his bite? I'd be interested to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Pit Bull bite is three times worse than a Rottweilers.
A Rottweilers has 800psi (Pounds Per Squire Inch Jaw Pressure).
A Bull Terrier has 1200psi,
A pit bull’s bite force is 2000+ psi plus.
A Pit Bull does not lock its jaw as do other dogs, but it lower jaw scissors back and forth to rend flesh from the bone.

http://www.edba.org.au/courier.html

Odds need to favor the human much more now after reading that

[/ QUOTE ]

Your numbers are a little off I think. A full grown crocodile measures in at 2000psi bite force . Also rotts bite harder than pits but aren't the hardest biters(some other breed I can't remember beats them both soundly).

A reasonably in shape adult should have very little chance of death facing one pitbull. Your best bet would be to choke it out somehow, as any strike your capable of won't even faze them. I've seen someone hit a pitbull repeatedly with a 2X4 trying to get it to let go of someone else and the dog didn't even seem to notice. FWIW I'd be much more worried facing a rott or similar sized dog.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some recent posters are definitely underestimating the dog

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the opposite.

- 5'10 180 and ripped = a guy that works out a ton and has quite a bit of muscle on him. Think Ronde Barber.

- when a pit bull attacks, it doesn't instinctively go for throat or head, it bites down on the first thing it gets to. Unless you specifically stick your head/neck out for it this usually means an arm or leg.

- man has instincts just like any other animal. when a dog is chewing your arm off, some people will just lay down and die, but most will not. More specifically, a big athletic guy who knows before hand he's going to fight a dog to the death will NOT freeze in shock and horror while the dog literally tears him to pieces. He's going to fight back. The question is, can our guy kill a 60 pound dog that's attached to one of his limbs with the other 3 limbs? Probably yes.

Sometimes, the dog kills the man and is no worse for wear.
Very rarely, the man kills the dog and suffers no injuries.
Most times, the man kills the dog and suffers serious injuries.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, dogs do instinctively go for the throat, except for a few that go for the crotch.

I think you overestimate most people's ability to punch really, really hard. A crippling punch is not that common a thing. Also, when dogs attack they often shake their jaws and body from side to side, to tear -- think "rending flesh" as described above by someone. A dog doesn't just bite and then hang around, usually. He often readjusts his bite for a better grip several times, creating a real mush of the bite area. He often knocks his prey off balance or down. It's hard enough for most people to throw a really good punch, but doing so while a dog is torqueing your body around and hanging off you would make it a heck of a lot harder -- you'd likely be throwing a really unusually lousy punch, all arm. Arm punches can hurt, but they have nothing like the power of a punch where you are balanced and can put your whole body into it.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:27 AM

There was a thread about pit bulls here maybe 2-3 months ago. I read most of it and what I took from it is that pit bulls feel absolutely NO pain. NONE whatsoever. They were bred mostly as attack/defense dogs (they are fiercely loyal for that reason), and when they have a tatget/prey in mind, they DO NOT STOP until either the pit bull is dead or the prey is.

I don't think anyone can make a similar claim about a human, even a very athletic one (possible exception is boxer or UFC warrior). At some point panic sets in and then it is a matter of minutes before the dog wins.

I make it at least 7:1 in the dog's favor.

Edit: Odds go up if the dog is hungry, has been abused, angry, protecting its master, or has developed a taste for human flesh.

The Doc
Old 07-06-2006, 12:37 AM

lots of interesting insight. we really need to arrange this somehow.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:50 AM

Sure, a pit bull could take one human, but how many FIVE YEAR OLDS would it take before the fight is even money?

The Doc
Old 07-06-2006, 01:23 AM

yeah, um, about punching this thing, well, good luck. wow.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:38 AM

It would come down 2 who got the first shot, if pitbull grabs on human is [censored] if human jumps head on down on pitbull its kinda screwed. If human kicks the dog in the head then advantage human. But I think human has better chance for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2006, 01:53 AM

Pussy pit bull can't even take 91 year old woman.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:06 AM

Pitbull wins this, no question.

My cousin owns a pitbull. He works at an animal shelter, this dog was rescued from a dog fighting ring. He's very gentle now, and for the first couple years my cousin had him he was absolutely terrified of humans (due to the cruelty of his former owners). This dog would literally wimper and hide if a small child looked at him funny for a long time.

That said, it is totally obvious if you see and touch this dog to know that if he had the motivation he could kill everyone in the house at the same time with little trouble assuming no one had weapons. This dog bites real softballs in half for fun - seriously. Tennis balls pop like me biting a grape. You pet him and it's like a short-hair covering on a piece of granite. There are inches of incredibly solid muscle on all parts of his body, most of it concentrated in the torso, neck and jaw to aid in ripping things (ie: this hypothetical man) to shreds with no trouble at all.

Against a truly motivated pitbull, with no weapons or clothing to speak of, it is my opinion that very very few humans would even make a fight of it.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he had the motivation he could kill everyone in the house at the same time with little trouble assuming no one had weapons. This dog bites real softballs in half for fun - seriously. Tennis balls pop like me biting a grape. You pet him and it's like a short-hair covering on a piece of granite. There are inches of incredibly solid muscle on all parts of his body, most of it concentrated in the torso, neck and jaw to aid in ripping things (ie: this hypothetical man) to shreds with no trouble at all.

[/ QUOTE ]