Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Handicap this Fight: Man vs Beast

I'm sure there have been threads like this in the past, but here's the exact situation my buddy and I were discussing the other day:

A man and a pitbull are locked in a cage roughly the size of a UFC octagon, they must fight to the death. The man is 5'10" 180 pounds, ripped and athletic. The pitbull is about 60 pounds and relentlessly aggresive.

What kind of chance do you give the human? Obviously he has the 3x weight advantage as well as superior tactical reasoning skills, but he lacks sharp teeth and a locking jaw. Seems to me like he'd have to land repeated blows to the head and 'fight for the decision' while the pit could jump for the juggular and go for the insta-kill.

So what odds would you guys give the human of winning? How would the fight pan out?

Edit: forgot to mention, the human has no combat training other than having occasionally watched boxing and UFC on television.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Handicap this Fight: Man vs Beast

Man wins, I think.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:11 PM

1:8 pitbull favorite

tactical reasoning isn't too good when you have nothing to work with (weapons, environment etc.)
Old 06-19-2006, 02:11 PM

Does the guy have clothes? Like something that he could wrap around his arm and give to the pit bull to bite down on? Because if so, the odds would change drastically but even so, I'd put my money on the pit bull. Either way, advantage pitbull.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the guy have clothes? Like something that he could wrap around his arm and give to the pit bull to bite down on? Because if so, the odds would change drastically but even so, I'd put my money on the pit bull. Either way, advantage pitbull.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man would be in his natural state, save a loincloth so as to not offend anyone watching the PPV broadcast.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man would be in his natural state, save a loincloth so as to not offend anyone on PPV broadcast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 'cause the fight to death wouldn't offend anyone, just a shot of the guy's wang-doodle. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2006, 02:17 PM

Once upon a time I learned that if you ever get into an unavoidable fight with a mountain lion, you should cover your throat with one hand and fight with the other. I assume that's the same here.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:17 PM

I would be able to kill a pitbull, and im out of shape.

I would give that guy 1:6
Old 06-19-2006, 02:19 PM

i'd give the guy 1:2
Old 06-19-2006, 02:20 PM

I think this comes down to a couple of things- how much time the man has to prepare is one. If you just toss him in the ring and then he has less than a min to formulate a plan while they walk the pitbull up to the ring then he is pretty much effed. If he has a week to plan ahead hes in much better shape.
It also depends on what you mean by "ripped and athletic" if hes NFL wide reciever ripped and atheletic his skill set isn't doing him much good, if hes Olympic Wrestler R and A hes got a good chance.
Personally i think the olympic wrestler could win- he has to go for the quick wint though as he will be bleeding fairly severly just a few seconds in. Mostly he has to try to crush to dogs windpipe, or otherwise choke him.