Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Wrap vs. AAA, should I gamble or fold?

Obviously you just call. Why shove now when if the board pairs, you're dead? Because I guarantee, if you hit the turn, he will not be folding. So you get the rest of the money in with a better chance of winning, or you get to keep the rest of the money, when you're stone dead.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:07 AM

That's true, but I think the spot to make that move is when your opponent MIGHT have middle set or top two, hence giving you some fold equity if it's a decent player. If it's just painfully obvious that he has top set, as in this case, I don't like it.

Another thing: On the turn I think I'd lay down to pot if a spade or diamond falls (?)--unless, obviously, it's one that completes your straight. It's at least probable that he has the A in those suits, and about 50-50 then that he has another suited card to go with it. If he has the flush draw, it kills too many of your outs to call imo (can't remember exactly how much we have left for betting here, but I think there's enough so that 11 outs just isn't enough with no implied odds).

If the board doesn't pair and the turn is a heart or club that doesn't complete the straight, I call whatever bet he makes (but don't bet to a check if he should by any chance actually do that--obviously unless I make the straight).
Old 07-03-2006, 11:15 AM

To add my $0.02 - I wrote a program that computes a hand's potential against all other possible hands and here is the result for this particular hand on flop:

0-15% : 8547 cards (5.74%)
15-40% : 69758 cards (46.82%)
40-50% : 51439 cards (34.52%)
50-60% : 18787 cards (12.61%)
60-75% : 464 cards (0.31%)
75-90% : 0 cards (0.00%)
90-99% : 0 cards (0.00%)

Which means that there are no hands that have over 75% odds against hero and very few which have between 60-75% odds against him. Furthermore there is a chance of 28% that the next card will make a huge favourite out of our hero.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing here can change your table image winning you future moneys?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty dumb comment. Am I meant to believe someone shoving a big straight wrap draw is a bad player? Seems to me a guy doing it has a fairly good knowledge of the game.
For the sake of playing poker, completely ignore your image. After all, everyone else does when you're at the table, all they care about is the winning hand at the river.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the sake of playing poker, completely ignore your image. After all, everyone else does when you're at the table, all they care about is the winning hand at the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about?
Old 07-04-2006, 01:02 AM

he asked for a reason so consider doing so, that was the best i could think of, hence the question mark