Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Re: *** Official thread for Ed\'s QEFTSG appearance 6/20 ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
…We plan to have a couple kids…

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaine,

I am not sure if your caught the thread in OOT ( I think) by Bisonbison ( I think, too) about the words “couple”, “few”, and I think it was “various” or ‘some” He asked what most folk think when they hear, for example, “… please buy a couple of apples when you go to the store.”

Now we all know that a "couple" is two, literally speaking. But just in case, I would review that thread with Ed if I were you just to make sure you two are on the same page. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]

RJT,
Yes, Ed and I have discussed it and we came to the appropriate cat to child ratio.
Thanks for looking out for us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Elaine
Old 07-01-2006, 01:25 AM

Finally saw the episode, and I now feel much better about my own high voice and having a taller wife than myself. Great job by all parties concerned. My wife says if Ed dropped ~30#, he's still no Goarge Clooney, but he would look REALLY good. So get on that Ed.

One other thing. I looked on Bravo's site for a product listing, but it just looked like they had ads, but I need to know; Where can I get those card paintings/displays you have in the entryway? Actually, where is a good spot for most of the kind of card-related designs they set you up with?
Old 07-01-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally saw the episode, and I now feel much better about my own high voice and having a taller wife than myself. Great job by all parties concerned. My wife says if Ed dropped ~30#, he's still no Goarge Clooney, but he would look REALLY good. So get on that Ed.

One other thing. I looked on Bravo's site for a product listing, but it just looked like they had ads, but I need to know; Where can I get those card paintings/displays you have in the entryway? Actually, where is a good spot for most of the kind of card-related designs they set you up with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where in particular they got the multitude of poker-themed decorative items they brought, but there are stores in Vegas that sell gambling memorabilia and collectibles. There is in fact one such store in my neighborhood, although I have never gone in it.

Another possibility is the online "antique malls." That's where I got an old produce crate label for Louisiana sweet potatoes which featured a royal flush in hearts. I had this framed as a birthday present for my Louisiana sweet potato, and that is one of the items of decor that Thom didn't remove (he better not have!). I have also bought poker- and gambling-themed jewelry online as well.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:49 AM

I wonder if the fab five are going to read Ed's book and start playing more poker now. Conversely, I wonder if Ed might turn gay?

-J