Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 11:23 AM

Default *** Official thread for Ed\'s QEFTSG appearance 6/20 ***

Since I suspect Ed's too busy to get this set up, I'm doing it. There will be several sections to organize posts around Ed's appearance on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, next Tuesday at 10 p.m EDST.

I had a note about best comment winning an autographed picture from the show, but I can't remember who made that offer. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Here's the original announcement thread.

Here's an edited portion of the early official show promotion-

In the third installment of QUEER EYE, viewers will meet Ed Miller, a professional poker player and accomplished author of a well-known "how to" poker-strategy book series. <font color="blue">He has the skills of the game but none of the panache.</font> [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The Fab Five help Ed become a successful and well-known poker guru, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] and Ed teaches one of them to play in a Texas Hold'em poker match with classic Vegas performers who are currently performing on the strip, including Susan Anton, Penn Jillette, David Brenner, and George Wallace.

The prize is meaningful to Ed, who grew up in New Orleans ...until Hurricane Katrina destroyed (his parents' homes there). [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Watch one of the Fabbers compete with Vegas royalty for a $10,000 prize... to be donated to Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans in an all-new episode premiering on Tuesday, June 20 at 10:00 PM.

Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 AM

Default Pre-Show Slander section

This area is the location for as many outrageous predictions, comments and anything else your deviant minds can come up with before the show. Remember, Ed agreed to appear on the show- therefore, the gloves are off. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 AM

Default Live comments during the 6/20/06 show

Here's the spot for the "snarky" comments that LittleOldLady was looking for as the show airs. I'm not ruling on whether comments should be limited to Ed's role- maybe poker-play criticisms should be posted in the WPT forum.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Host an \"Ed Miller is too sexy for Queer Eye!\" party

List your planned get togethers in this section, along with any post-party reviews. Pictures are always encouraged. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Host an \"Ed Miller is too sexy for Queer Eye!\" party

[ QUOTE ]
List your planned get togethers in this section, along with any post-party reviews. Pictures are always encouraged. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This idea of "areas" only works in threaded mode, which no-one uses. Nevertheless,

Anyone in Baltimore feel like taking over a bar and making them put the show on? I know some smaller places where we could comandeer a TV.

Holla!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:47 AM

As your moderator, anybody caught using threaded mode is totally banned. Plus you're double banned for making an official thread without asking my permission and peeling me grapes first.

OR- nobody is banned and yeah- this might as well be the official Ed on Queer Eye thread 'cause why not.

However, the whole idea of the "areas" won't work if you read the board in the most optimal way- so I'd shy away from that.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:46 PM

Invites to my friends are going out this weekend. Private screening room has been reserved, must bring booze. We are doing shots each time Ed says Fantastic, or 1/2 a shot each time someone else says it in place of Ed.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: *** Official thread for Ed\'s QEFTSG appearance 6/20 ***

What will the fab five focus on the most?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As your moderator, anybody caught using threaded mode is totally banned. Plus you're double banned for making an official thread without asking my permission and peeling me grapes first.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would be <font color="pink">tickled</font> to comply with your requirements. I would need to know more about what this "grape peeling" is all about first [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
However, the whole idea of the "areas" won't work <font color="green">if you read the board in the most optimal way</font>- so I'd shy away from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never found Flat mode to be most <font color="green">optimal</font>, especially when replies don't quote the portion they are responding to. I get headaches trying to unravel replies, even more so with that wretched Quick Reply mess.

Ideally I would love to see a threaded mode with a preview pane, or something similar to Google with the left threaded and the main window showing a certain number of posts in a chain.

We'll see if the areas of discussion helps organize the upcoming jumble.

Where's the sticky for this thread, anyway? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Maybe for early next week? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Re: *** Official thread for Ed\'s QEFTSG appearance 6/20 ***

Here are some links to articles about the show:

MIT Alumni Magazine article

Reality TV Website

Las Vegas Review Journal

More stories will run the day of the show and post-premier by the New Orleans paper, Times Picayune, and the Henderson Home News.

Updates will be posted on Ed's website: notedpokerauthority.com