Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Re: PLO8 $200 - Naked low

Heh, I talked about the flop since the turn is definately more difficult and we shouldn't be there in the first place. Now there is a pot but we have even worse shot at the high. I think betting here is probably only +EV if there is a chance to buy the pot right there. Perhaps straight cards will fold but if there is an A2 out there they are stuck as well. I guess it would be a dream to get heads up with another bad low hand and have your king kicker hold up for high or something or maybe hit your jack or king and have that be good. But, that is a dream.. given the interest in the pot and the likelyhood of another low, I think I like being weak/tight again and checking behind to keep everyone in, see if we get counterfeit and hope to minimize how much we get 1/4 for.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised everyone likes the flop call. Hero is very counterfeitable, has a slim chance at a high, does not know if the pot is going to be heads up or multiway, the pot is fairly small, and someone has expressed interest in the flop. This is PL not limit. This seems like one of those situations where you are either going to basically get your money back or lose a lot. Rarely are you you going to make money here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Niss,

I am interested about what you think about my turn thought process. Even though getting there may have been a mistake, now that I am there I am curious about your thoughts on the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it. Seems that too many more bad things can happen to you than good things. Might be a better move if you were in CO's position.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:34 PM

Everyone,

So, if I check the turn, CO pots it what do I do:

a) if everyone folds back to me
b) if SB calls and MP folds
c) if SB folds and MP calls
d) if SB and MP both call

Also, if I check the turn and CO checks and we see the river and it's 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], what do I do:

e) if SB bets and MP calls
f) if SB checks and MP bets

I'll post the results of the hand after this discussion has fleshed out a bit, in case anyone cares about the results.