Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: you wake up on the morning of Sept 10, 2001

On September 10th, I make bets on every sporting event ie. instead of betting on team A to beat team B at 1-1, or A >B and C>D at 3-1, you bet that A will beat B, C beat D... for every single sports game on the day. With my new found billions of dollars I would wait outside the world trade centre, and pay people to not enter.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:20 PM

short all the air plane companies
Old 06-17-2006, 05:50 PM

pretty sad that in this entire thread, no one has mentioned chuck norris. you're all stupid.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:06 PM

immediately win every sports bet, start play poker when i was 14 and be a young, self made spoiled brat. Laughing at older people who are working for 10$ an hour

McGuyver would fix the whole world i guess
Old 06-17-2006, 06:11 PM

When thinking about this, I'd be inclined to not try and stop it. For all I know, without 9/11 Saddam would stay in power, get a load of nukes, and blow everyone to hell. Messing with the past could be dangerous. Besides, I probably wouldn't be able to stop it in the first place.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
short all the air plane companies

[/ QUOTE ]

A+ for cleverness!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be inclined to not try and stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
Old 06-17-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

As idiotic as the rest of his post was, you are missing the point here. Yes, three innocent thousand people died in 9/11. This is very bad; but the world is still here and fundamentally nothing is any different. By the same reasoning I would not stop WWII if I had the the option. We (humanity) have managed to get post a VERY dangerous point in time (the invention of nuclear weapons) without killing ourselves. If we ran the scenario (developing nuclear weapons) a thousand times, atleast x amount of the time we are going to eliminate the vast majority of life on Earth. All scenarios where humanity survives are, in the long run, pretty much equal.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

As idiotic as the rest of his post was, you are missing the point here. Yes, three innocent thousand people died in 9/11. This is very bad; but the world is still here and fundamentally nothing is any different. By the same reasoning I would not stop WWII if I had the the option. We (humanity) have managed to get post a VERY dangerous point in time (the invention of nuclear weapons) without killing ourselves. If we ran the scenario (developing nuclear weapons) a thousand times, atleast x amount of the time we are going to eliminate the vast majority of life on Earth. All scenarios where humanity survives are, in the long run, pretty much equal.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is retarded.

first of all, 9/11 has likely increased the chances of thermonuclear destruction due to the US alienating the rest of the world even further during its war on terrorism.

second, and more importantly, this is just a pitiful selfish excuse that could always be used to not get involved in anything remotely global. genocide in Sudan? well as long as the rest of the world survives we'd better not get involved.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is retarded.

first of all, 9/11 has likely increased the chances of thermonuclear destruction due to the US alienating the rest of the world even further during its war on terrorism.

second, and more importantly, this is just a pitiful selfish excuse that could always be used to not get involved in anything remotely global. genocide in Sudan? well as long as the rest of the world survives we'd better not get involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

THE TIME SPACE CONTINUUM MAN! THE UNIVERSE AS WE KNOW IT COULD IMPLODE INTO ITSELF! DIDN'T YOU WATCH BACK TO THE FUTURE?!?!?!