Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Just got back from X3: The Last Stand...

eric,

while this movie had many glaring flaws, your criticism of it is really pretty terrible. i'm sorry you need everything explained on set for you, that you can't think deeply enough to understand this shallow movie, and that you dislike things like "and then they walk him up to the roof to throw him off" which basically occur in every movie ever. "omg i can't believe lois lane gets crushed in that car in an earthquake in superman one, they only did that so that superman could make the world spin backwards and save her. lame set up, lame."

citanul
Old 06-05-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eric,

while this movie had many glaring flaws, your criticism of it is really pretty terrible. i'm sorry you need everything explained on set for you, that you can't think deeply enough to understand this shallow movie, and that you dislike things like "and then they walk him up to the roof to throw him off" which basically occur in every movie ever. "omg i can't believe lois lane gets crushed in that car in an earthquake in superman one, they only did that so that superman could make the world spin backwards and save her. lame set up, lame."

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, just demanding that events have simple logic means I need to have "everything explained."

Your comparison with Superman I does not apply here at all. I wouldn't have such a problem with them throwing him off a roof if they didn't just kill the other person with him right away just seconds before.

A much better way to handle that scene would have been to have both the scientist and the owner of the company rushing to the roof top to get to a helicopter and then the villains attempt to throw them off the roof.

Although I guess shallows movies don't have to make simple sense according to you.

If you don't need simple logic in your movies, fine.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:12 AM

Alright I just went and saw this and agree with just about everything that has been said. One thing that really pissed me off was the gigantic end fight scene that didn't need to happen BECAUSE THEY ARE FREAKIN MUTANTS AND MAGNETO COULD HAVE JUST CRUSHED THE WHOLE [censored] BUILDING OR HAD PYRO LIGHT IT ON FIRE OR WHATEVER. HOW [censored] EASY WOULD IT BE TO KILL JUST ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING ALMOST INSTANTLY.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright I just went and saw this and agree with just about everything that has been said. One thing that really pissed me off was the gigantic end fight scene that didn't need to happen BECAUSE THEY ARE FREAKIN MUTANTS AND MAGNETO COULD HAVE JUST CRUSHED THE WHOLE [censored] BUILDING OR HAD PYRO LIGHT IT ON FIRE OR WHATEVER. HOW [censored] EASY WOULD IT BE TO KILL JUST ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING ALMOST INSTANTLY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, in Chess, you've got to send the pawns in first. Duh.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:46 AM

INSTEAD OF MOVING THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE OVER SO THEY COULD WALK ON ALCATRAZ, HE COULD HAVE JUST THROWN THE BRIDGE THROUGH THE ISLAND.

but yeah, sending in the pawns first sounds a lot better.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
INSTEAD OF MOVING THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE OVER SO THEY COULD WALK ON ALCATRAZ, HE COULD HAVE JUST THROWN THE BRIDGE THROUGH THE ISLAND.

but yeah, sending in the pawns first sounds a lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or he could have just used Phoenix to de-molecularize the whole island. But everyone knows you don't bring your queen out early.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone knocking Famke is either stupid, gay, or a superhero combination of stupid-gay. Or they're peachy, who hates on every hot chick. At 41 or whatever, Famke's still hot, and I'm pretty sure she'll still be hot at 50, and OMG I want her so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still can't get over the fact that she was a tranny in that other show

maybe is a psycho-sematic thing but it just changed my whole outlook on her/him whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Bro you just described my sentiments to a Tee. Prior to Nip/Tuck if I was Matt Damon her clothes are off. Now, forget it here is the 2000 Kthnxbai.........lol
Old 06-11-2006, 03:36 PM

Just saw it last night. It was worse than 1 or 2, but better than lots of other movies I've had the displeasure of seeing. My biggest gripe was wasting all that screen time on Rogue, which basically did nothing for the plot or action of the movie.

And the audiences are still loving the SOAP preview.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:51 PM

Guys,

Just saw it. Worse than 1 or 2 and sucked in a lot of ways, but I still found it pretty entertaining.

How come Wolverine didn't use the cure on Jean at the end instead of killng her?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:45 PM

Dids --

Kitty is 19 IRL. Ya, I was shocked too, but IMDB doesn't lie. The whole iceman thing feels a lot less dirty now.