Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2006, 02:34 AM

Default Re: LO8 $1/$2 Turn nut low, betting capped

Not to mention, it's possible the other player, if he indeed has an A2, might realize with you calling all bets, maybe he'll slow down on the river. I'm gonna call in this spot. Preflop, your hand is no monster, I don't condone limping in with the intent of re-raising in this game. Limping in is just fine in your position. DO NOT raise the flop, you made the right play there, you've got no high draw, and a counterfeitable low draw. I agree if you think you can get a free card on the turn if it misses you, that would work, but at this limit, don't bother.
-md
www.myspace.com/iambabyd
Old 06-11-2006, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me pile on ... the play at Pacific is absolutely awful. There is no way I would fold this on that site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a hand I just now played at Pacific. I'm not real comfortable playing 2/4 especially since I just used half my bankroll on a car for my wife.

On the river I'm thinking, "Oh man, I must be quartered." I must have forgotten where I was playing.

Pacific Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
6 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 12BB
<font color="#ffffff">BB shows 5c 7c 6c Qd </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Button shows 8h Qc 6h 2c </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows 3c 2s Ah 8d </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks 3c 2s Ah 8d </font>
Old 06-11-2006, 01:14 PM

In my experience, when the turn is capped the river will most often be bet but not raised. I have no stastistical data to prove this, it's just the "feeling" I get. However vague this might be, it would be interesting if other posters could share their opinions on this.

As far as I know there is no easy way to find out what the most common river action after a capped turn using PTO.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, adding the times the hand will be counterfeited makes the net outcome somewhat worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

The times the hand will be counterfeited is included in the calculation. I also noticed just now that I have assumed Hero will always call the river even if he gets counterfeited. As Hero will probably fold most of the time when counterfeited, the net win will be more bets rather than fewer compared to what the calculations suggests.