Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Another 50NL QK hand

if he truly is tight and not prone to making moves his check behind on the turn means your hand is probably good (I see kk aq betting the turn at least 1/2 pot) and i like a 1/4 to 1/3 value bet on river. If he grows a pair and makes a pot sized bet I'd fold. I would check call like you did against an agro player.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Another 50NL QK hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you checking the turn? OOP you gotta keep betting this, you're ahead more likely than not.

You can't control the pot OOP, you can only offer villian a free card or an opportunity to bluff. If you want to control the potsize bet a little less on the flop, no draws on the board really. I'd bet about 7-8 on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is bad. really bad. Being OOP is one of the reasons you want to control this pot. Villian isnt calling the flop with anything other than a PP or a Q. You lead that turn and not only do you push out all PPs but some weaker Qs too. Check and let them bet. Thats how you control the pot. also, if youlead and ur riased you have to lay to it down to any significant raise. the correct line is c/c here as played by hero. if the flop had been more drawy then sure, lead, but not right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I agree with regard to this Villain but not w/r/t NL50 in general. I understand your logic, but this sounds very much like advice geared towards NL200+, to me. Average villains are not that tight, and aren't floating + making turn moves very often, at NL50.

So at this level worse Qs and PPs are almost never betting for you (default villains, with an aggro read things are different), and are checking behind.

Additionally, at this level, worse Qs are rarely folding the turn.

Again, this Villain looks pretty TAGish, and I like the turn check.