Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Under Full House

[ QUOTE ]
Bet and here's why. If you check-fold you give the opportunity to be bet off by a worse hand. However, if you bet like 1/3-1/2 pot someone with a set or straight will probablly make a crying call. If you bet about half the pot you will be called by a decent enough of weaker hands here IMO. It also may let someone with a KJ just call, saving you from a pot-sized bet. If you get raised you know that your beat, as they would not raise with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol - what are you talking about here? KJ won't just call the river bet. Did you misread the OP AGAIN?

If you really expect your opponent will bluff a lot, or value bet a lot of weaker hands here, then you still shouldn't bet small trying not to be raised. You should check and snap off the bluff. But most opponents will check behind because he can't have got this far without having something to show down.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Under Full House

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet and here's why. If you check-fold you give the opportunity to be bet off by a worse hand. However, if you bet like 1/3-1/2 pot someone with a set or straight will probablly make a crying call. If you bet about half the pot you will be called by a decent enough of weaker hands here IMO. It also may let someone with a KJ just call, saving you from a pot-sized bet. If you get raised you know that your beat, as they would not raise with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol - what are you talking about here? KJ won't just call the river bet. Did you misread the OP AGAIN?

If you really expect your opponent will bluff a lot, or value bet a lot of weaker hands here, then you still shouldn't bet small trying not to be raised. You should check and snap off the bluff. But most opponents will check behind because he can't have got this far without having something to show down.

[/ QUOTE ]Ok, I guess I did misread. KJ will raise. However, this makes it easier when they do raise. Plus you might have some value from straights/a set of kings. KT might just call if you bet half the pot though. If they raise you know your beat and can give it up.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:49 PM

Default Results

I checked the river and villian bet about $100, around 1/3 the pot. This appeared liked a pricing bet on his part. I thought about folding, but because of the small bet and plain curiousity I called. He flopped quads. I've ran into quads now three times in 24 hours and I only play a few hours a dey at most.

Bruce