Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 01:05 PM

Default Under Full House

2/4 PLO.

Three limpers and I limp with TT98 ss. Button calls and blinds check.

Flop comes Ks Kh Ts

It' checked to me. I bet 3/4 the pot. Only the button calls. We each have around $700.

Turn K K T J rb

I bet 3/4 the pot and button calls. I have never played with him before, no real good reads. Doesn't appear to be a maniac. I'm getting concerned about my hand when he just calls. Does he have KJ, King X, or quads?

River K K T J J

What's my best play?

Comments appreciated.

Bruce
Old 06-01-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Under Full House

Check fold. The J is a good card for you obviously but most players won't bluff here often enough for you to call.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:12 PM

Check/fold is probably the standard river play with this board. I dont think button bets with naked trips.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:32 PM

I'm not saying folding is incorrect, but the only hands that beat me are KK, KT, JJ, KJ, and JT. JJ and JT are very unlikely hands and with me having TT, KT is even less likely.

Bruce
Old 06-01-2006, 02:06 PM

Donk question from the noooob:

is there any value to betting 1/3 the pot on this river as a blocker and getting called by a straight or trips? I only play $.25/.50, but checking this river induces a pot bet (bluff sometimes) a LOT of the time, and if he's got the balls to raise a river bet with a bluff, kudos!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:08 PM

Do you think he will bet any King on the river if you check to him? Seems unlikely to me. So if you do check folding seems appropriate.

So then do you think this guy will continue to call with AKxx, KQxx? If so maybe 1/2 pot it, but I can't say with no read.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:12 PM

Location: Grinding and chipping away at the miserable rocks in the murky underworld that is low-limit poker.

check & call. you're strong here with the double paired board, though you can't get into a fight with this hand. depending on this villian and table one you might make a case for bet/fold to RR, since he probably calls 1/2 pot with AK or even maybe KQ and is not a big threat to RRAI with those hands or air. have a a second solid bet called on the turn makes this a scary spot, but things look better of course on the river. and even from average players you'll get plenty of bluffs or naked Ks, although you might see a monster more often than you like. at this limit i'd be most worried about a 1/2 or 3/4 pot bet, he'd have to be savvy to fire a full pot with KKKK with your range.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:50 PM

Seems like a good time for the blocker bet to me. I like a 1/3 to 1/2 pot bet. (Half value, half blocker bet). Folding to a raise of course.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying folding is incorrect, but the only hands that beat me are KK, KT, JJ, KJ, and JT. JJ and JT are very unlikely hands and with me having TT, KT is even less likely.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree it is unlikely you are beaten. Most of the time the action will go you check, he checks behind and your hand is good. He will only bet very rarely but most of the times he bets he will have one of the hands above. Conversely he gives up with Kxxx almost always if you fire again (if you have been very aggressive maybe you get a call from AK). This is with no reads obviously.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:28 PM

Bet and here's why. If you check-fold you give the opportunity to be bet off by a worse hand. However, if you bet like 1/3-1/2 pot someone with a set or straight will probablly make a crying call. If you bet about half the pot you will be called by a decent enough of weaker hands here IMO. It also may let someone with a KJ just call, saving you from a pot-sized bet. If you get raised you know that your beat, as they would not raise with a worse hand.