Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Re: \"Where are you now\" Micros thread

A year ago I was in the nanos -- nickel/dimes. Had a couple of bad swings there and at 0.10/0.20, but that just motivated me to get better. Came back to crush 0.10/0.20, then moved to 0.25/0.50. Around June of this year I moved to 0.50/1 and discovered bonus whoring. Two weeks ago I moved up to 1/2.

I started in the nanos because I wasn't ready for large swings in my bankroll. I started with $25 and that's all I allowed myself. I have a feeling that were it not for the 2+2 books, I'd still be in the nanos. I had a couple books (Lee Jones' being one of them) and while it helped me preflop, my postflop game was abysmal. After the 2+2 books I firmed up my preflop and started to learn what postflop play was about. As a result I have been progressing through the levels rather quickly. (<10k hands for each)
Old 08-30-2005, 09:06 AM

I'm posting this so I can bump it on Sept 1 2006!

A year ago i was in South Africa on a Holiday paid for by a combination of nano NL and $5-10 MTT tourney final tables (ahh the sweet, sweet $7 PL MTT on Victor Chandler, how i miss thee).

Since then I've switched from nano NL to Micro Limit up to $1/2, bought pokertracker, SSH, and started posting here regularly, after a mere 3k hands on PT (but about twice that at this limit) things are going well in this strange new world (crosses fingers).
Old 08-30-2005, 09:16 AM

I was playing at 1/50th the stakes I am now.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:25 AM

yo!

started playing in March 2004 - moved to 1/2 around a year ago. struggled at 2/4 for a while, and now settling into 3/6 since end of july. sometimes i donk around at 5/10 when i'm feeling focused.

i still post exclusively here because i'm not smart enough for SS and i'm a creature of habit.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because i'm not smart enough for SS

[/ QUOTE ]

somehow I doubt that. still in Inman?
Old 08-30-2005, 09:53 AM

About 6 months ago I was in 2/4 and getting prepared to make the jump to 3/6. Subsequently I moved over to Empire to take advantage of rakeback, cashed out a significant portion of my roll and saw the development of the new 6max tables. I also read HOH1 and HOH2 and have had some success in SnG's and MTT's. Currently I'm bouncing around .50/1 6max, 1/2 9max and 10+1 SnG's.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They also play 15k+ hands/month. I'm lucky to get in 10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also a lot easier to log 15k hands in a month when you're 4-tabling 6max, as that's about 350 hands per hour.

Rob
Old 08-30-2005, 10:18 AM

Just wanted to say thanks but I don't play that many hands / month :P

Though hopefully I will start when I stop working my real job in a couple weeks.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-30-2005, 10:29 AM

About this time last year was when I first started trying to seriously learn the game, had just bought SSHE and was playing .5/1 "fulltime" on Party. I was a breakeven player, though I made a little money with the help from rakeback [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Moved to 1/2 for a brief period, then started playing 1/2 6max starting in around March or so. Did ok, then when rakeback was taken away from party, I switched over to UB where I ran real hot on 1/2 6max and then moved up to 2/4 6max where I kinda floundered for a while.

Cashed out about half of my BR to pay for a new widescreen laptop and moved back down to 1/2 6max on Eurobet, which is where I'm treading water now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 11:08 AM

I played a staggering number of micro hands starting early last summer through this spring. I really enjoyed the stress free pummeling and whoring at .50/1 and made a remarkable amount of money by taking advantage of all the intro bonuses at all the party skins and many other sites as well.

As those intro bonus opportunities dried up and my game got much beter I realized I was leaving too much money on the table for my time. The ridiculous cost of a second child starting in daycare made me take my poker time more seriously and I've been inching my way up since the late spring.

Knowing I needed to improve my SH play in order to move up successfully I played about 20K 1/2 6mx hands late spring/ early summer and somehow eked out a profit (with massive amounts of help from quercus, death donkey and titlaholic, you guys are the best!)

Mid summer I moved back to full ring and have recently played about 10K 2/4 full hands. Currently I'm whoring 2/4 4-tabling and starting to play 3/6 full while 2 tabling between reloads. I admit I play 2/4 on the auto-pilot side but when I play 3/6 I actually concentrate, work on reads and try to improve my game.

The only problem I have right now is that I don't play enough hands. Only about 4K this month. I need to find more motivation and time (vacation and surgery set me back but I still feel like a slacker)

6-max made me a better player but was awful swingy. I left because it was making me hate poker. Many of you remember my tiresome bitching I'm sure. I left 6-max but not for good. I still hit it occasionally when I need to get a lot of hands in fast to beat a bonus deadline. I will continue to dabble in 6-max as it certainly helps my full ring and I'm sure that's where the money is at higher limits. If I ever get over myself and stop caring about the swings so much I'll probably try to make a go of going up the six max ladder. 6-max is such a difficult game to see the longrun in. 10k breakeven hands is two months of playing for me and within that are massive ups and downs. It seems like it would be easier if you were playing it full time so the longrun would approach more quickly but then again I have no clue. It's probably just more intensely difficult the more hours you play. Entity and DD are certainly much tougher than I am. Seeing you guys succeed has been very ispiring. I just wish I had your stones!