Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2006, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Quite sure that isn\'t the problem

Why don't you try installing "SnoopFree", it will prevent Party from setting the hook to read your screen.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Stopping party poker snooping and setting minimum user permissions

[ QUOTE ]
I have 3 monitors 1600x1200, 1600x1200, and 1280x1024, all 32-bit color. That's 20MB of data transfer if they scrape all of my monitors.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To me, this is a very frustrating issue. I have twice upgraded to bigger, beefier systems only to see Party slow everything even more. I also experience the mouse jumping and cards pausing, and I have a dual core 2.8 Ghz, 2 gig of RAM, and all that you would expect on a system like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe these are the reasons that's it happening, my system has 3 gigs of ram and I have 2 monitors also so any screenshots taken would be big amount of data just like omgwtf.

All interesting solutions so far.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Stopping party poker snooping and setting minimum user permissions

Oh and btw there is defo an issue to do with party poker here - it is a problem that only seems to be happening on their software alone, just because it doesn't happen to all of you, there is a lot of computer savvy people here on this forum who it happens to, and it all seems to be the high-end spec pcs that are getting it, maybe they are targeting just certain people who they have flagged for one reason or another. If it wasn't such a convenient site that I am used to I would throw in the towel and close my account.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:38 PM

Default Tried Snoopfree

I tried snoopfree on my old system and Party wouldn't run at all with it installed. It's possible that was some other conflict, and I haven't tried it again on my new computer.