Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Bet Sizes and Finesse

I think your choice of $1000 can't be correct under any circumstances, given that you have $1300 left. There are no worse hands that will call $1000 yet fold to $1300, so if a worse hand is going to be calling then you just left $300 on the table. While better hands will just push here given how you played the turn.

So betting $1300 is a dominant strategy over betting $1000 in all scenarios.

-g
Old 05-24-2006, 02:59 PM

I think check-calling river is the best option here. Lots of the time you're going to get shown a set here, but occasionally you'll pick up a bluff or a weaker two pair as well by check-calling.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn, Bruiser has the nut flush draw to go with his top two.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, i noticed there was a flush draw but it didnt register for some reason that he had it. i still dont understand the turn/river combo but obviously the nut flush draw isnt a part of villians range.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:06 PM

i hate the river bet because if you're willing to put in $1k (and obviously price yourself in for the rest) on the river after you missed the fd, why not put in more on the turn and price him in for the rest on the river since your river bet gets stacked by a set anyway? seems inconsistent to me since you danced around it on the turn yet walked right into it on the river.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:56 PM

What would most people's line be on the turn?
Old 05-25-2006, 06:54 PM

I love the turn min-check-raise since it's usually just the nuts, but most others confuse me... in your case, though, I think you got the best hand and are up vs AJ/A5/KJ that's decided to make a move but isn't sure his two pair is good. I re-raise the turn to 800 or so which gets pretty much both our stacks in without immideately scaring off all worse hands, then you can safely push the river. If I'm up against a set or some weird straight, he gets my stack on this one.

The reason I don't like waiting for the river like you did is that a bet looks very strong, plus the river is unlikely to help him (if he's behind) the way it can help you, and I wouldn't want a scare card (of which there's 15-18) to fall and kill it.

Disclaimer: still not over last nights drinking (gotta love Vegas!) and post may not make as much sense as intended.

Kirk