Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Top Two with Flush draw?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would check, if button pots it and someone calls I lay it down because you might be up against a set + nut flush draw, alt. that button has AxhAx.

I would be much more inclined to play it aggressive if the ace on the flop was one of the hearts or if you had a gutshot as well.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't play as high as the OP's hand but this just seems like terrible weak-tight advice (or maybe I'm missing the sarcasm cos I'm drunk).

If checked to I would pot every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
No sarcasm, sir.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Top Two with Flush draw?

[ QUOTE ]
Betting, getting raised, and then folding just doesn't feel right especially against an aggressive player. The fact that I have top two negates the likelyhood of a set. If I'm raised I'm more likely against a big draw. I do have two blocking cards. The best possible draw he can have is a flush draw and wrap. Let's say he specificially has AhKhQcJd. If that's the case he will win 53% of the time
If he has a flush draw with a single gut shot I win almost
60% of the time. I think my hand is stronger than it looks.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

plo is all about the unlikelies, though. You can't say he "never" has a set. I'm agreeing that if you pot it and get repotted you're not folding, but I've advocated checking simply because I think it's a better line.

How did the hand play out?

P.S. How much does it suck if he has AT with a bigger FD + gutter [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Results

He had QJ89 double suited. He flopped a gut shot and bigger flush draw than me. On the turn a Six came giving him another gutshot. The Ace of hearts came on the river. I made a fullhouse while he flushed up.

On the flop I bet the pot. Button was only caller. I assumed my hand was good with him not raising in a multiway pot. I then went all in on the turn and he reluctantly called.

Having a small stack helped me ( not by design ), I wasn't going anywhere on the flop. But if I was deepstacked I'm not sure how I would have played the hand if I were raised the pot on the flop.

Bruce
Old 05-18-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Results

If we were deep stacked I would bet the flop just the same, but fold to a raise from the button.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Results

Button has to be aware of the players inbetween you both who could be looking for a C/R, because of this I would bet the flop, I don't think the button would reraise unless he had trips or wrap with hearts here. If he just calls i'd put him on a Q high at best draw and lead any non KQ10 turn