Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Mirage 4/8 game question

[ QUOTE ]
I've played 3/6 there many times. There will probably be one or two people at the table who know what they're doing and the rest of the people are just clueless. 7-8 people to a flop after a raise is normal, people chasing 2 outers with like 33 on a AQK board. Game is insanely soft but be prepared to take some sick beats. The 4/8 at the Wynn is pretty good as well. I'd recommend that if you're looking for some 4/8 action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so I've been here for only two weeks so we're talking very small sample size. BUT, I sometimes wonder if I'm in the same town as some of the things I've read here. This is the first time I can really agree with a poster on games here.

I've not played the 3/6 at Mirage, but it's probably NO different than any of the other 3/6 games that I _have_ played. (Six places so far) 2/4 and 3/6 games are just as above. Loose and usually very passive. Rarely do you get a maniac, and they are usually drunks playing any two.

If you have completely absorbed everything Ed Miller writes in SSHE, you'll beat these games soundly. I get them for 2BB/hr nearly every day. I've won 100 and lost 17, and won 60 and lost 38. My BR is going up, but slowly. 3 steps forward, one step back.

You play well. You wait for hands. You play them hard. They WILL pay you off. You can make good money if you play as Ed suggests, which is often letting them bet for you and then check-raising the turn. They will almost always check the river if you miss.

The worst is when you get three or four drunks at the table and can't catch a hand. The frustration can make you insane, knowing there is a ton of cash that should be finding it's way into your pocket and it's not.

It's fun. Always, always fun. Just don't tap on the aquarium. Sooner or later, I'll get the bankroll to a point I can play at high enough stakes to pay expenses. That is, if I can find mid-level games that aren't filled with the local rocks, which are here at every single level. Every! Old farts on retirement, and employees trying to make some money on the side. They can't play for sh*t, but they can make it a drag with their sour pusses and a-hole comments. Keep the table having fun, and you make money.

Others may have different views, but I haven't been here long enough to get cynical.

CJ