Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Re: How would you sell this stuff?

Hello? The answer is obvious!

Buy a small padlock, unplug the vending machine and put the lock through the hole in the prong so that it canot be plugged back in. Sell the candy by the vending machine.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dis requires a suitable blend of subtle psychologee, and intimidation, me old muckah.

Yew freatten peepul, right? Yew grab em, and tell em ley'll git a punch up da froat if they don't buy ya sweeties?

If that don't werk, a cut-froat razor waved ova da eyeball is quite effectiv.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, I laughed at this.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have to sell two cases of candy (104 bars at $1).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this 2 cases of 52 each or 2 cases of 104 each?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really that bad at reading?

[/ QUOTE ]

and worse at writing
Old 01-11-2006, 04:16 PM

Look at all of these replies, I thought I would have to post NSFW pics in order to get any replies. Okay, obviously, I've got to do two things: destroy all the vending machines, and buy a knife to wave over the smaller guys' eyes.

As a sidenote, I've made a few bets concerning the candy. I bet my bro ten bucks that I would not buy ANY of it myself. I also bet the class (informally at least) that I could sell more than them, so I do want to get rid of this stuff quickly in order to show them who's the man. I was thinking I could just lower the price to seventy-five cents, making it around the same price as a vending machine. I would then take a $26 loss, but I guess that's okay considering the circumstances. If the bullying/extortion route does not work out, I'll lower the price. If people still don't buy at .75, then I kill them all; they would certainly deserve it.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:17 PM

I'll buy one, but I won't pay for shipping.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, yesterday, I go to my Honors College seminar class, and we each have to sell two cases of candy (104 bars at $1). If we sell the stuff, then the university chips in the rest of the money and we can go to Washington DC for free for four days.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean your entire class collectively has to sell all of the candy, right? That's the way I interpret the situation and if that truly is the case, all of the responses in this thread are worthless. You'd need to get together with your class and make sure that everyone plans to "sell" all of their candy if you want this to work.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:17 PM

Well, we had to find a way to raise about $1000 ourselves, and the university chips in the rest. Most of us got two boxes, and maybe two or three got three boxes. I'm pretty sure we will all get rid of it somehow, even if some of the students end up buying all of it themselves. In a class of around 20, I wouldnt want to be the one that comes up short. Besides being a loser and shunned by a group that is otherwise relatively tight, the rest of the class will have to sell more to come up with the money, and may exclude the students that refuse to sell from the trip.