Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 10:41 AM

Default Re: recent chatban from fulltilt: are pro\'s the end all be all?

the irony!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact is, a lot of offensive language gets missed at low stakes tables because, (drum roll) they are low stakes tables. It's much more likely that the higher tables with pros will be monitored by full tilt staff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its pretty much required. Anytime one of the pros are playing there are tons of observers filling up the chat. There is often a mod there warning people & blocking chat on the spot. Obviously they'll be watching what the players are saying as well. And when it comes right down to it, the pros can probably do or say whatever they want, because its "learn - chat - play with the pros".
Old 05-16-2006, 04:09 PM

The Pro Cheerleader who used expletives non stop didn't get a chat ban. Thats who the infamous "blow me" comments was directed at. Read the post in its entirety.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:12 PM

Of course there's no evidence!! Thats my point. I asked for a full transcript to prove the double standard. The issue was skirted.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:34 PM

Dude, seriously, you're being a baby. Just forget about it. Whatever "double standard" there may be is perfectly understandable from their perspective.

And the fact that the "blow me" comment wasn't even directed at Matusow is not a very logical defense of your position.

Think about it. OF COURSE they're going to watch the chat more closely when the pros are at the table. That would be common sense, not a "double standard".
Old 05-16-2006, 05:01 PM

I wouldn't even play poker with "The Mouth" that guy is good at pissing people off and regardless of how good he is the most important thing behind making money in poker is enjoying it...if you don't enjoy playing with a particular person just stay away from them. For a few months on UB i just took my chat off, didn't let people get underneath my skin. Trust me i don't like Mike either, i think he sucks at life, but i am not going to let him bother me, if i don't want to listen to him i just get up from the table or turn off the t.v.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello All,
Below is a copy of emails between myself and fulltilt. This is in regards to my chat being blocked for one month by none other than mike matusow. tell me what you think. after this read from bottom up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these e-mails have shown you to be a tool. Is that what you were looking for? You insult people in chat and then think it's unfair to have your chat banned? What the hell kind of logic is that?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:26 PM

Why are you so worried about being able to chat in an online poker room anyway ? The site is for playing poker on. Not for chatting. The chat is a priveledge, and you blew yours. Hanging out on the rail, watching people play for a living, and instead of trying to learn something from them or just enjoy watching a high stakes game, you spend your time being a nuisance. Stop being such a loser.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:52 AM

congrats logic!

that makes two forums full of people who think you're an idiot. i heard the guys at P5s are looking for someone to flame.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:49 AM

LOL he's crossposting this among other poker forums?