Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2006, 08:20 PM

Default Re: eating the best part of your meal first or last...correct play?

I realize this is only semi-relevant, but for you health nutbags out there....

The prevailing advice is to eat your protein first, then any carbs. This is to prevent an insulin spike.

Feel free to now make fun of me
Old 05-14-2006, 08:32 PM

I eat the sides first and then the main food, so yeah, I would say save the best for last because you want the best tasting thing to be what you taste when you burp later.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:38 PM

Hahaha yeah, first go for the vag then work your way back, if that's your thing...

In the case of alcohol, if we're talking bout sampling two or three different beers, it probably doesn't matter. If you're getting smashed, obviously drink the good [censored] first, when you can taste it more, and the shittier stuff later, when taste won't be as much of an issue. Standard?
Old 05-14-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize this is only semi-relevant, but for you health nutbags out there....

The prevailing advice is to eat your protein first, then any carbs. This is to prevent an insulin spike.

Feel free to now make fun of me

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont digest food fast enough for this to matter whatsoever. You are correct in your logic, meaning you want protien/fat in your stomach to slow carb digestion, but this only means you need to eat both at a sitting, the digestion process takes too long for it to matter when you eat a meal to care if you seperate them.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:00 PM

I agree with drinking: good, high end alcohol first. Good beer first. Then as you're getting drunker, the worse the drink.

In the world of food: temperature control is key. Steaks are best eaten with hot, so I wouldn't wait until the end of the meal, especially if you have many sides, or your steak is particularly huge.

If you really wanted to utilize every minute, cook your meal in such a way that when your steak is finished cooking, your sides are done as well. Since you should wait 10 minutes after your steak is off the heat to redistribute the juices, you can have a headstart on the sides in that time. Then you should pig out on your steak, just so you don't get full on the sides.

On non-steak meals, don't care.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:02 PM

I eat the part that will taste worst cold first, I thought this was generally the way to go

I also go top shelf first until Im too drunk to care
Old 05-14-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I eat my meals equilaterally, making sure that the ratio of substances throughout the meal stays constant, except for the last bite, that is always meat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i also do a combo of this, trying to eat my sides in proportion to the meat. i wonder how OCD this is...
Old 05-14-2006, 09:36 PM

I always eat the best part first as to maximize my enjoyment of it, and I don't see why anyone would want to do it any other way. I also don't order food I don't like so the "worst" parts are still really good.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You dont digest food fast enough for this to matter whatsoever. You are correct in your logic, meaning you want protien/fat in your stomach to slow carb digestion, but this only means you need to eat both at a sitting, the digestion process takes too long for it to matter when you eat a meal to care if you seperate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is "long enough?" if you were eating a social dinner where food came in courses, could you possibly have a long enough time to make it important to eat protein first?

in other words, could you have an appetizer course of smoked meats and fish, and cheese etc, and later have a carb dish with veggies with small talk in between?

in other words, what would you suggest for a perfectly organized schedule of eating, either for one meal, or for a day long regimine? feel free to do another thread, if you don't mind.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is "long enough?" if you were eating a social dinner where food came in courses, could you possibly have a long enough time to make it important to eat protein first?

in other words, could you have an appetizer course of smoked meats and fish, and cheese etc, and later have a carb dish with veggies with small talk in between?

in other words, what would you suggest for a perfectly organized schedule of eating, either for one meal, or for a day long regimine? feel free to do another thread, if you don't mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, if you are going schedule a meal that comes in courses, which if you live in the US, is pretty uncommon and if Im in a situation where im having a 3-4 course meal, like over the span of 5-6 hours, Im not caring about carbs. Optimal for a day long of eating, is 6-8 small meals, w/ protein at each meal, if you are into the whole bodybuilding thing etc. Do a search for my username, Ive posted a ton of stuff on the subject.

If you are eating a meal over an hour or so, most likely it doesnt matter enough for carbs to spike the insulin, unless oyu are eating in excess and/or not eating healthy in the first place.