Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: How to have them enjoy losing to me

Are you playing with poker TV watchers? I mean do these guys religiously watch WPT every week (plus reruns), if so just try to make the game fun for them. Go dressed up like Phil Laak, and try to recreate some of the stuff he does like pulling his hood tight, etc.
I don't think this would be rubbing it in, and in fact a lot of them might get a kick out of it and start repeating things they see.
Two good things come out of this:
1. They keep having fun despite losing.
2. With all the emphasis on having fun they'll probably throw what little poker knowledge they have out the window, making it more likely for you to win.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:49 AM

If a game is super easy and I've been winning a lot there then I sometimes feel it's best to throw a game or two. Like this one game I play at whenever I can get off of work on that day....I won the first 2 games and during the 3rd one it got down to me and the host heads up. I could really sense that he was getting frustrated by my constant aggression...so when he called my all in with two pair I mucked my boat and said, "You crazy son of a bitch you called my bluff! Well played!" Needless to say his frustration quickly changed to a smile and he invited me back. I felt the invite back was worth more than the money.

Of course I don't win enough poker to throw games often. But even though I'm not that good some games are just soooooo easy that I can throw a few (once im in the money of course).
Old 05-13-2006, 12:52 AM

Just wait for variance to kick in.

When you get bubbled 3 times in a row by someone unable to lay down a couple of overs you'll never want to give them the slightest bit of edge at all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]