Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 07:41 PM

Default Re: PT statistics of a Losing player - comments please

My AF is 1.64 overall.

Flop: 1.36
Turn: 2.78
River: 1.15

I'm surprised it is so low. I think it has become lower these past few weeks as I've been thinking more as opposed to just "being" aggresive.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:30 PM

I would be way more aggro on the flop.

Mine is a little about 3.08. (But I also play 2/4)
Old 05-09-2006, 09:23 PM

Yes, my Flop AF amazes me. I've always thought I was a compulsive C bettor. These stats are taken from my last 2-3 weeks of play and probably differ quite a bit from how I used to play.

I started out as a NL player (without PT). When I got PT I discovered I had an AF of 12! This explained a lot about why the better players were always reraising me. This hurt most when I had a rally of AK/AQ hands without any made hands inbetween.

Over time I've been curbing my aggressive instincts - it would appear that I've overdone it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for your feedback.

LB
Old 05-09-2006, 10:33 PM

You're so tight you squeak. As hasbeen said you really need to loosen up in later positions and defend your blinds more. I can see being tighter in the SB since it's a 1/3 blind structure but you surrender your BB way too much. You're getting smoked there, chances are when you defend it you fold often in the hand when you need to continue. Shorthand play is a different animal, in steal situations neither player will have much, their raises don't mean top pair, etc. You don't have to win every hand ... a lot of hands are playable, even "dominated" hands need to defend. On the button ... steal more. You can coldcall a lot of hands on the button ... you shouldn't fear being up against KK every time. As tight as you are maybe you're making some bad folds? I dunno, posting some hands where you had borderline decisions, preflop and postflop, might get you a little more insight.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:35 AM

Caveat: the sample is ridiculously small so you're wasting our time. That said, I have a lot of time to waste being incarcerated and all.

I'm no stats master and you've gotten a lot of good comments from others. However, no one's talking about post-flop which is where the money is really won and lost.

[ QUOTE ]

Won $ WSF: 37.60
Went to SD: 32.82
Won $ At SD: 56.04

[/ QUOTE ]

Won $ WSF seems okay, but the other two are worrying. You're not going to SD enough. This number should be approaching 40 if not 50 especially given how tight you are. Given that you're going to SD so infrequently, you should be winning more. That suggests you're paying off when you shouldn't be and you're not continuing when you should.

Of course, running bad over 6400 hands is common place so these stats may have nothing to do with anything least of all be reflective of how you actually play so given that, I'd post some hands. When it comes down to it PT stats posts are wank jobs. But color me bitter what with the incarceration and all.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:59 AM

Well it's early days so far, but I've been a little more aggressive protecting my BB and have poached a little more and I'm almost back to breakeven. I've had a lot of good feedback from this thread and I am greatful to you all.