Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Re: confusing hand

I think you guys may be missing that this is 5 handed. I raise A9o here pretty much always, but I'd probably fold A8o. If the people behind me were weak/tight though, raising is jim dandy. Either way it's not that big a deal. Oh, and A8s is definately a raise here

[ QUOTE ]
hotbacon, thanks for the constructive reply. I do agree that a lot of players will check that river when they don't have a straight - and that in itself is a good reason to not raise the river. However, I don't think that getting 3-bet by a better hand is neccessarily a bad thing. As I see it right now, it could give us all the more reason to raise - you're going to get called by a lot of worse hands if you raise, but any reasonable player is only going to 3bet a better hand, which you can safely lay down to. If anyone disagrees with me here, I'd be glad to hear what you have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]
You still need to be >50% if you can always correctly fold to a 3-bet, and you're not even that here I think.
Besides that though, laying down a straight in a 14BB pot vs an unknown would be pretty silly.