Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Why does everyone keep giving people strategy advice?

MN, have you ever read a poker book? If so, enough said, now kindly stop this blabbering.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:30 PM

Because they're not douchebags.

Non-douchebags sometimes do things to help other people out.

Douchebags don't.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:53 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously this is pulled from the other thread on 'Softest games' but I thought I'd see what the arguments were for this one.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Why do people insist on coming onto the boards, and telling everyone about what what they did right or wrong in certain hands? Doesn't anyone realize that helping other players get better is not the optimal way to keep soft games going?

From now on, can everyone just say FOLD whenever someone asks what they should do in a hand, and not run their mouths every time someone needs help fixing a leak in their game? The person giving advice to a weaker player is really only hurting themself by doing it, anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

Those who get the most out of the strategy forums aren't the ones who just post hands, and ask "What do I do here?" over and over

The ones who really get the most from the strategy forums are the ones who get involved in poker discussion, share thoughts on hands, and force themselves to actually THINK about the game. The person who posts in the strategy forums about a certain hand will NEVER have the exact same situation come upon them again. The real value is in learning the concepts behind winning poker, and the thought process that goes into playing well.

Thus, as in many other endeavors in life...You get as much out of the strategy forums as you put into them.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's mutual. Those who give advice also get advice back. You suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was afraid of this. I agree with you, well except for the part about me sucking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am commenting on another thread. I should have stated that I do NOT agree with my original post (it was a sarcastic response). I think people should help people out here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, my bad. I don't read so well. The guy who posted it in the other thread sucks.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those who get the most out of the strategy forums aren't the ones who just post hands, and ask "What do I do here?" over and over

The ones who really get the most from the strategy forums are the ones who get involved in poker discussion, share thoughts on hands, and force themselves to actually THINK about the game. The person who posts in the strategy forums about a certain hand will NEVER have the exact same situation come upon them again. The real value is in learning the concepts behind winning poker, and the thought process that goes into playing well.

Thus, as in many other endeavors in life...You get as much out of the strategy forums as you put into them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded! Getting your butt kicked when you reply and corrected is the best way to learn. Ive gotten so much more out of 2+2 once I stopped lurking and started replying.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:37 AM

A lot of people fall into the trap of reading a hand, reading the replies, and then get biased into thinking they would've responded or played the hand the correct way.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think that's a reasonable analogy you're highly retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

Oxymoron.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:51 AM

2+2 doesn't really have a great 'community spirit' overall -some of the better known and more mature posters are very helpful but the amount of unhelpful ego-driven and flaming responses to perfectly polite posts makes for depressing reading sometimes...

The smaller poker foums tend to have more of a community feel and often a lower noise:signal ratio - 2+2 is a victim of its own success sometimes - true you get the very best strategy stuff here but you have to wade thru a lot of dross and ego posts to dig it out.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because they're not douchebags.

Non-douchebags sometimes do things to help other people out.

Douchebags don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying Phil Helmuth isn't a douche? He does have some books and even DVDs. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think that's a reasonable analogy you're highly retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for my personal reference is highly retarded dumber or smarter than just retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh