Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2006, 05:22 PM

Default Why does everyone keep giving people strategy advice?

Obviously this is pulled from the other thread on 'Softest games' but I thought I'd see what the arguments were for this one.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Why do people insist on coming onto the boards, and telling everyone about what what they did right or wrong in certain hands? Doesn't anyone realize that helping other players get better is not the optimal way to keep soft games going?

From now on, can everyone just say FOLD whenever someone asks what they should do in a hand, and not run their mouths every time someone needs help fixing a leak in their game? The person giving advice to a weaker player is really only hurting themself by doing it, anyway...
Old 05-04-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Why does everyone keep giving people strategy advice?

If you think that's a reasonable analogy you're highly retarded
Old 05-04-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously this is pulled from the other thread on 'Softest games' but I thought I'd see what the arguments were for this one.
Why do people insist on coming onto the boards, and telling everyone about what what they did right or wrong in certain hands? Doesn't anyone realize that helping other players get better is not the optimal way to keep soft games going?

From now on, can everyone just say FOLD whenever someone asks what they should do in a hand, and not run their mouths every time someone needs help fixing a leak in their game? The person giving advice to a weaker player is really only hurting themself by doing it, anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi MN,

I won't comment on the other thread but I will say this.

Responding to other peoples posts is somewhat beneficial to the responder as it encourages them to think about their game and certain situations which helps people clarify their own thoughts and play.

Telling someone to go to site x and play game y has no such benefit.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think that's a reasonable analogy you're highly retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for my personal reference is highly retarded dumber or smarter than just retarded?
Old 05-04-2006, 05:36 PM

Dammit. No wonder I keep losing, everyone tells me to fold. I can't figure this poker thing myself at all. I mean it's never been done before.

Trolls rule.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:38 PM

this is not the same as blabbing about all the softest sites that are out there to a not-very-small community.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dammit. No wonder I keep losing, everyone tells me to fold. I can't figure this poker thing myself at all. I mean it's never been done before.

Trolls rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wasn't trying to troll and if mods consider this trolling I hope they delete the thread.

I found the Original threads OP to be a sad comment. And as noted by another poster in that thread.

He is not only not helping out other in the 2+2 community but actually pleading with them not to help.

I was (am) under the impression 2+2 posters come here, contribute AND hopefully get something back for being a part of the 2+2 community.
(i.e. +EV for everyone)
Old 05-04-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Trolls rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wasn't trying to troll and if mods consider this trolling I hope they delete the thread.

I found the Original threads OP to be a sad comment. And as noted by another poster in that thread.

He is not only not helping out other in the 2+2 community but actually pleading with them not to help.

I was (am) under the impression 2+2 posters come here, contribute AND hopefully get something back for being a part of the 2+2 community.
(i.e. +EV for everyone)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too sarcastic on not sarcastic enough. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But yeah, I think this is a one of those counter intuitive things. The games should be completely destroyed because of the fact that we can find good, knowledgeable resources. People forget about the whole human nature of gambling thing.

The fact is that game quality fluctuates. Too bad they don't remain nice and juicy. It's kinda like the stock market or something.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's mutual. Those who give advice also get advice back. You suck.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's mutual. Those who give advice also get advice back. You suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was afraid of this. I agree with you, well except for the part about me sucking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am commenting on another thread. I should have stated that I do NOT agree with my original post (it was a sarcastic response). I think people should help people out here.