Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Rooney

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get all the hate for Crouch. He's a good striker, he's important in the box (offensively and defensively in set pieces), he has decent technique for his height...

[/ QUOTE ]

its because he is this year's emile heskey, IE a striker that doesn't score and is basically a bag of crap in general

[/ QUOTE ]

Crouch is so incredibly better than Heskey.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get all the hate for Crouch. He's a good striker, he's important in the box (offensively and defensively in set pieces), he has decent technique for his height...

[/ QUOTE ]

its because he is this year's emile heskey, IE a striker that doesn't score and is basically a bag of crap in general

[/ QUOTE ]

Crouch is so incredibly better than Heskey.

[/ QUOTE ]

are we watching two different players, or do you actually believe in what you just said

also, I would never play crouch as the sole striker in a 4-5-1 at all, unless of course I didn't want any goals scored by my striker and wanted to rely exclusively on my midfield for goals

as to the OP, It will probably end up being defoe partnering Owen up front. England can also get creative and move SWP into a more attacking role then he normally is(which of course is a attacking role to begin with). England has just been killed by injuries this year as Dyer still can't get his hamstring right and Alan Smith's nasty broken leg. ONe does wonder though if Sven may take a risk(hahaha, I know that will happen only on a cold day in hell) and bring in Kevin Nolan or Dean Ashton to fill Rooney's role. I'd feel much more confident in those two then Bent or Crouch as starters, and Defoe and Owen up front I can't really see Jelling as a strike force
Old 05-03-2006, 05:32 PM

I can't tell you how much I'm going to miss being in England for the World Cup
Old 05-03-2006, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of having a single short stricker, if you're going to play with Owen I don't think you can use 4-5-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to play 4-5-1, I'd rather have a quick player like Owen. I would use Crouch primarily as a target player and not striker.

./Spaderess