Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2006, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Would You Buy Your Girlfriend a Gift for Mother\'s Day?

[ QUOTE ]
I see your point, but by me expressing that, I know a conversation will begin about whether or not her thought on the subject is nuts. I'd rather buy her something than have that dialogue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations and many happy returns of the day...
Old 05-02-2006, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see your point, but by me expressing that, I know a conversation will begin about whether or not her thought on the subject is nuts. I'd rather buy her something than have that dialogue.

[/ QUOTE ]

She is NUTS.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:06 PM

bvt,

are you seriously saying you are going to buy her a present now, just to "see where this goes"?

translation: you have no "hand" in this relationship and you are caving to some most ridiculous pressure from your gf to buy her, a non-mother, a gift on mother's day. you will never have the upper hand in this relationship and will forever be a submissive girlie-man homemaker.

OR

you can change the future! like doc brown said your future is what you make of it. explain to her that she is insane, and 99% of people would agree. you're not getting her a gift. does she get you a gift for fathers day? grandparents day? veterans day?
Old 05-02-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Multiple choice. My mother's current concern is:

1. That my girlfriend is stealing her heat on Mother's Day

or

2. I'm over 30, my parents only child (and they had me late in life), been dating the same girl for 3 years, have yet to propose, and the one thing they want more than anything is a grandchild.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest that you make your girlfriend a mother as soon as possible, whereby she will be indisputably entitled to a mother's day present every year for the rest of her life and you will give your mother the best present ever. Problem(s) solved.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bvt,

are you seriously saying you are going to buy her a present now, just to "see where this goes"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

translation: you have no "hand" in this relationship and you are caving to some most ridiculous pressure from your gf to buy her, a non-mother, a gift on mother's day. you will never have the upper hand in this relationship and will forever be a submissive girlie-man homemaker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm putting it on a scale: she does a lot of housework in my house, cooks a ton of meals, is amazing with my friends, terrific with my dog, and all-around completely terrific (except for this one thing that has now reared its head). I, on the other hand, help her not one iota with her house, outside of grilling I won't cook, and I hate her friends and generally argue with them about nonsensical things just to entertain myself (I know this is shocking for some people to believe, but I am completely willing to get into the most mundane arguments about absolutely nothing). I figure, all things considered, her being crazy about one thing isn't that big of a deal, seeing as how she's ridiculously cool in every other aspect of my life.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I suggest that you make your girlfriend a mother as soon as possible, whereby she will be indisputably entitled to a mother's day present every year for the rest of her life and you will give your mother the best present ever. Problem(s) solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize my mother has a 2+2 account. Very scary. I promise to call more often, mom.