Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Negreanu vs Raymer?

Daniel played the match very well, better than I did. He deserved to win. Having said that, after the flush-over-flush hand, I was almost never making a hand of any sort. The few times I did, I got no action from Daniel. So, either he had nothing those few times, or a good read on me those times. Thus, I had to resort to doing a lot more bluffing than I would have preferred to do.

On the final hand, I knew Daniel had a medium hand, either a middlish pair or a middlish pockete pair. I was hoping he couldn't make the final call, since I hadn't bluffed and been caught in a good while. He did. Very good call.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 05-01-2006, 05:48 PM

There was hand where Daniel check-called down with AQs as well. On the river Greg made a moderate bluff and Daniel called with the ace kicker, the board was something like KK447 (someone can correct). IMHO that's not a very unusual call heads up, an ace is pretty strong there. Daniel knows Greg is aggressive, and it's very standard to check-call with medium value hands against aggressive opponents.

Greg - I'm sure you picked up on the fact that Daniel was trying to play "small ball" with you; did you try to adjust your style to that, or did you stay on your regular game?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 PM

Fossillman:

Thanks for your reply here. Is this something that you only do against a player of Negreanu's caliber? Clearly, this type of move of senseless against a weak player who would have called you with a worse hand like an 8 even instead of a just a jack.

Negreanu made a big deal on the show about preparing for you by playing against your old buddy Josh Arieh. Did you do anything to prepare for Negreanu? How often have you played against him? He implied that you have not played much against him? Other than the 2004 WSOP ME, have you seen much of Arieh?

BTW, I thought Arieh's comments about you delivered through Negreanu were very complimentary. Seems to me that you'd be very hard to play heads up.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing better than seeing him lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry you have an ultimate high you dont get often.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me that you'd be very hard to play heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you use the trusty 2+2 guide that DoubleTwentyOne provided for all of us

Raymer Tell Cont. (Pics) LONG

<Insert sarcastic laugh>