Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Re: The pot was short $500 but I found the money

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are so honest. I think the majority may be full of [censored]! Come on guys....here's 500 bux take it no one will know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you really are an asshat.

Got gun?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:57 PM

I think most people would return the money.

The bottom line is that when you have a game, if you are the host, you should be held responsible for the money. This happened at a local game -- cash game after a tourney. When it was time to break up the game and payout the money, it was gone. Somehow the host got away with not paying a dime. I think that there should always be only one person handling the money. If it dissappears, he pays in blood! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Reminds me of a Paypal issue I had a while back -- A guy paid me for an ebay purchase for a PS2 system with a few games. I can't remember the exact amount, but it was close to $300. I emailed him pissed because I still hadn't received the money after 2 weeks and he replied that he paid the day after the auction and was expecting everything to arrive soon. After threatening to leave him negative feedback, he finally made payment.

Over a year an a half later, I had another person pay with Paypal and it didn't show up. Turns out that I replied to one of his emails with a different email address (I have many) and he replied that he sent payment to that address. So I add that email address and bingo! An extra $300 appeared! I refunded the original guy his $300 and sent him an email apologizing. He replied that he was glad there was a few honest people left in the world, said he knew he had paid and the money dissappeared, but didn't want negative feedback. I still don't know why he paid a second time. I'm sure he could've checked the original Paypal transaction.

I never considered keeping the money though, I'd never be able to live with myself.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:13 PM

under what circumstances would you not consider giving them rightful winners their money, this is just a silly poll. You going to ask us if you should tip your waiter at a restruant next?
Old 04-26-2006, 05:50 AM

This should not even be a question but I know you start to second guess yourself as greed comes in.

Your friends will respect you a lot more, you'll respect yourself, not to mention one time when you're a winner money might "disappear".

Just do what's right, money isn't everything.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:20 AM

Um. I don't think a thief---or even a would-be thief---starts this thread. Was obviously a hypothetical.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:57 AM

did you kill yourself yet? if not, do it....or if one of your "friends" reads this, im sure they will be happy to do it.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:55 PM

I keep thinking that you wouldn't have posted this if your friends are members of this forum. Atleast I hope you htought that through.... but I dont know you?!?!?!? Anyway, you should definetly give back the money I cant believe that you would even consider not telling them!!! They must not be GOOD friends if you would screw them over for money!! Shame on you!! Karma is a biotch!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just do what's right, money isn't everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least not for $500. Come on you don't want to screw over people for $500. You have to make it worth it at least friends or not. Why burn bridges for $500.