Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: No bot no fear by 2+2ers?

"as long as AHK scripts are allowed to press buttons in the poker software, bots will be impossible to get rid off"

so why not ban AHK scripts? Sure, that might make it a little more inconvienient for the few people who use them, but if this is all it takes to get rid of bots, then I am all for it.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:06 PM

I play about 300 hours a month. (I know, I have no life)
All the key's on my board are converted into hotkey's, keeping the movements and clicks that I have to make to a absolute minimum.
Jet, Carpal Tunnel is something I have to fight against everyday.
If AHK scripts would be banned, I would be forced to give up multi-tabling (I wouldn't mind, because I hate it anyway) because without AHK, Carpal Tunnel would definitely cripple me.
I could still play one table though, so it's not the end of the world, just a cutback in pay of maybe, well let me guess XXXXX dollars a month...
I always imagine my marriage is quite good, but I think my wife would kill me if I told her I was to quit multi-tabling.

Im sure Im not the only-one in this situation.(lol) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2006, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive the ignorance, but would it be possible for Party to purchase this machine, turn on team mode, and bust the colluding bots?

[/ QUOTE ]

If party can identify players who are using bots, they can just close their accounts and seize their funds. I don't see how party learning how to implement colluding bots to cheat players on their site out of money is a good thing.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The article is from November 2005 so it looks like it hasn't scared everyone away yet...

It's really wonderful that the author basically made this sound like a can't-miss proposition, then provided a link to a bot website for the would-be jillionaires. On the other hand, there are a couple of encouraging notes:

Does it work off the shelf?
Yes, but it won't make you any money. The program is a virtually blank slate that you fill with as many scenarios as you see fit. You'll need to spend about 2,500 hours programming it to turn even a small profit.

Will it make me money?
That depends. Most people quit after a couple of weeks; those who persevere make around £3 per table per hour - which soon adds up...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe turbo texas holdem as a few programmed players that would beat up on the low-limit tables--that probably cuts down on the programming time since the attributes of the player are right there.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play about 300 hours a month. (I know, I have no life)
All the key's on my board are converted into hotkey's, keeping the movements and clicks that I have to make to a absolute minimum.
Jet, Carpal Tunnel is something I have to fight against everyday.
If AHK scripts would be banned, I would be forced to give up multi-tabling (I wouldn't mind, because I hate it anyway) because without AHK, Carpal Tunnel would definitely cripple me.
I could still play one table though, so it's not the end of the world, just a cutback in pay of maybe, well let me guess XXXXX dollars a month...
I always imagine my marriage is quite good, but I think my wife would kill me if I told her I was to quit multi-tabling.

Im sure Im not the only-one in this situation.(lol) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me get this straight. You are multi-tabling for an average of 10 hours per day, and you would be upset if you had to quit doing this. You must love poker a hell of a lot more than I do.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Forgive the ignorance, but would it be possible for Party to purchase this machine, turn on team mode, and bust the colluding bots?

[/ QUOTE ]

If party can identify players who are using bots, they can just close their accounts and seize their funds. I don't see how party learning how to implement colluding bots to cheat players on their site out of money is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not what I meant! (I agree though). I mean that they should have paid staff as part of this winholdem message board (as somebody pointed out, this is how they operate their collusion), as an undercover agent, and bust the greedy, lazy, cheaters and then seize their money. Don't they have like $100,000 of ZJ money to get this going?!