Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Re: FR, WTF: limped bottom set.

i don't think theres any point in raising preflop under normal circumstances,i mean theres not many flops you want to see and if you get called you're going to be out of position with a marginal holding more often than not...the only reason to raise would be if limpers are constantly limp-calling preflop then folding unless they hit a flop hard,but if that was the case you wouldn't really need anything to raise,and you'd probably be better off just waiting till you were in position and raising with anything...

anyway,in this hand,i'm not entirely sure what to do,but i'm leaning towards a push:

-you haven't shown any strenght preflop
-if he has you down as agressive,or at least more agressive than him,which he probably does,he might well think you're trying to push him around
-you could easily just have top pair

as for what he has,well the obvious worry is QT,in which case you're in trouble but still have outs to the house

now usually you could think he probably doesnt have QT unless he they're both spades,since he'd have had to raise flop to shutout a flush draw,however,this guy's passive anyway,and a lot of players find it hard to raise a flopped nuts flush no matter what the circumstances

however,this doesnt mean he definitely has QT,though it is a possibility,but he could have KJ,K9,J9,or a pair and straight/flush draw combo (the latter being less likely,i suppose,since he is passive)

all things considered though,i think ipush,since he's loose passive,which more often that not means bad,and there's all sorts of crazy hands he could have here,and only one that really worries us,and also he has no reason to think you're hand is as strong as it is