Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 07:32 PM

Default FR, WTF: limped bottom set.

Couple orbits deep, villain has slightly loose passive pf stats, I'm raising 15-20% of my hands so far. Is preflop a raise? I usually jack it up pf in 6m, failing that I'd push the turn pretty much everytime.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP3 ($291.70)
CO ($436.40)
Button ($307)
Hero ($396)
BB ($411)
UTG ($854.36)
UTG+1 ($268.46)
UTG+2 ($285.74)
MP1 ($173.38)
MP2 ($360.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, UTG+1 calls $4, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($16) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $15, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($46) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $106.45</font>, Hero does what?

Final Pot: $381.96
Old 04-21-2006, 07:48 PM

Default Re: FR, WTF: limped bottom set.

with 2 limpers I will usually raise 99 from the blinds since you often take it down preflop or you can take it down with a cbet or even better flop a set and get paid from a slowplayed overpair (you'd be suprised how much people do that in FR UTG)

as played you need a good read to fold here. it seems you have a very LAG image and if your opponents know this they may play back at you with marginal hands (KQ maybe)

is he known for slowplaying? because the only hands your worried about had you crushed on the flop (KK, JJ, QT) and would have to be pretty stupid to not raise either of those on that board. If he's as LP as you say he is then his range is MUCH wider than those 3 hands (and includes K7, J7, 97 type hands as well as slowplayed KJ/K9)

I think you can get it in now before a scare card comes.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:50 PM

preflop complete is fine, grims arguments for raising are good but I find that 99 isn't really a hand you want to play OOP in a big pot, unless somebody else has the momentum.

Flop bet is good.

When you get raised on the turn, villain will most likely have a pair+draw or something like KsQs. Sometimes he'll have a slowplayed KJ. Push it, he'll call often, you'll win most of the time.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:59 PM

Hero calls and hopes the river pairs.
I think, villian has a straight.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think a UTG villain in full ring is gonna show up here with QT or T8? doubtful, even if he's slightly loose passive.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:44 PM

shove that stuff and yell "pair the river" for good measure
Old 04-21-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think a UTG villain in full ring is gonna show up here with QT or T8? doubtful, even if he's slightly loose passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think QTs or JKs are possibilities for a looseish UTG player, I could see him playing either of them this way, especially if he thinks that you have a flush draw, which I would imagine is a possibility.

Otoh, he could have JJ or even KK.

As for what to do, I would raise. There are plenty of hands that call you that you beat. If your raise isn't all in, it's going to pot-commit you anyway. I'm looking to get my chips in on the turn unless I know something more specific about this player than "somewhat loose and passive"...
Old 04-21-2006, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very possible, especially if they are soooted!
I don't think he is dumb enough to slowplay top 2 on such a dangerous flop, so what does that leave us with?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:16 AM

My thoughts on the hand were similar to Black Winter's. I couldn't see top 2 playing this way and I couldn't see KK or JJ limping in EP. I called the turn and check called a really small river bet when the flush card came. Villian's J7s is goot. Seems like I overestimate the postflop ranges of FR players.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:05 AM

Yea, lol.
And DJ Sensei though T8 or QT are out of his range.

This is actually a bad move by the villain.
His small 2 pairs+Flush draw are definetely a good hand, but he doesn't want a push from top 2 or a set, cause he can't call with his draw.
All he does is bloating the pot with small 2 pairs and deminishes the chance of getting his draw if you have a hand that beats his hand.
The river 7 would be sweet though.
Not so much as for the river J